Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fair In Chingford, London E4

Hi there

I need stall holders for a craft fair to be held in North Chingford 31st January 09 - all crafts considered but particularly looking for:

Candles, soaps & toiletries, wood turner, stained glass, fudge, ceramics and photography.

Cannot accept any more jewellers - sorry.

Clare
    [email protected]
    Clare
    Dorett Events
    [email protected]

I'm at this one, tomorrow - anyone else from here going?

If you are, do come & say Hi... You'll know me by the stall full of wood & leather, and the "Scorch" badge!
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

I will be there, not selling though. I have to admit that it's my first craft fair, never visited them before. Hopefully one day I will have my own stall

Comment

Cool - come & say hello, eh?
        Cheers,
        Scorch

Comment

Just wanted to say good luck to all that are going to be at this fair tomorrow.

I can't get there but will be thinking of you all.

Clare, hope it goes REALLY WELL, I'm rooting for you!!!!!!
          Last edited by Moonbeam Angel; 30-01-2009, 06:34 PM. Reason: one of these days I will spell you name right!!!
          Diane
          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hope today went well, Clare.

estee.
            www.sweetpea4kids.folksy.com

Comment

I was just thinking that myself!
              Diane

Comment

Well, I had a good day, as it turned out. It seemed quite quiet, probably because it was absolutely freezing out, and I thought I'd done really badly. But when I added it all up at the end of the day, I'd sold much more than I thought!

People were interested in how the pyro was done, and nice to chat with, too. All except one local pyrographer, who seemed quite put out that I'd had the temerity to come to "his" venue, but quite interested in my designs. His wife quite pointedly gave me a leaflet for his pyrography-for-beginners class, too. How kind of her, eh? Just what I need, I'm sure...

Lovely venue, though, lots of space, and Claire was very helpful and nice!

Didn't meet anyone from here...
                Cheers,
                Scorch

Comment

Oh Scorch, how funny!!

Glad it turned out ok for you.

Estee
                  www.sweetpea4kids.folksy.com

Comment

How rude to give you such a leaflet! I would hardly say you needed a beginners class. Much more like you could teach a class or two and not just for beginners. Think I would have laughed and handed it back to her!

So glad it went well.
                    Diane

Comment

Are people generally upset if you come from far to "their area"??? Sounds a bit silly though...

Comment

T'was all a bit surreal! Still, some people are funny like that...

I had a nice day, though.
                        Cheers,
                        Scorch

Comment

What a cheek!!

Oh my goodness - i can't believe he gave you one of his leaflets Scorch.........what a cheek. He came out to the foyer and spoke to me and dumped a pile of them on my desk!!!!! Actually he did say that he thought you were very good and had a very individual style - I thought it was a genuine compliment........now I have to wonder. Anyway I thought your work was fabulous.

I am so very glad that you sold more than you thought. The footfall was low - it was freezing - but several stall holders seem to have done quite nicely.

There a couple of other people from the forum - Natasha (Coxabey Crafts) - she does all that lovely knitting and crochet plus some really lovely cards and Julytwenty selling shell candle holders.

Now it's non-stop advertising, leafleting for me in preparation for epping at the end of this month. At least it's fully booked so I haven't got that side to worry about!!
                          Last edited by claredorett; 05-02-2009, 07:52 PM. Reason: typo
                          Clare
                          Dorett Events
                          [email protected]

Comment

Oh, well, that's cool - just goes to show you can never tell, I guess. I'm not worrying about it, and I wouldn't if I were you, either!

It was SO cold, wasn't it... but that heated floor was really nice!

I must have missed Natasha and JulyTwenty - a drawback of doing these on your own is that you don't have much time to look round.

Thak you for the compliments - you should ahve had a go, y'know... it's fun!
                            Cheers,
                            Scorch

Comment

Working...
                            X