Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organising a regular craft fair event in Fife (maybe!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organising a regular craft fair event in Fife (maybe!)

Like a lot of people, I'm struggling to find regular craft fairs to exhibit at in Fife - the only regular events here are run by craft associations (which are hard to get into!) and stalls are only available to their members.

SO, I'm thinking about organising a regular crafting event in the Dunfermline / Kirkcaldy area, the first of which would be sometime in 2009.

In order to get an idea of the potential level of interest, could anyone in or near Fife who would be interested in having a stall please get in touch? No committment, but it'd just give me an idea of how many are interested.

Drop me a PM with details of your craft (and your email address if you want me to keep you informed of my progress in getting something organised!).

Thanks,
    Carol
    Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Craft Fairs In Fife

Hiya Carol, my name's Linda and I stay in Auchtermuchty, I make jewellery and cards and at present I'm doing a silversmith course. I would be very interested in taking part in any craft fairs that you organise so please let me know how you are getting on. I also have a friend who sells Organic beauty products and I'm sure she would like to take part too. Thanks Linda x

Comment

I've pm'd you Carol
      www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Any News?

OK, it's an old thread but I'm new to the forum so its new to me. If there is still a possibility of a non-association craft fair in the Dunfermline area I'd definitely be interested. I'm quite new to the "selling" idea but have been a hobby painter for a long time. I paint in acrylic on canvases of different shapes and sizes and make prints, cards, sationery and bookmarks using the images from my paintings. I'm trying to get into the associations but, from what I've read on other threads it seems nigh on impossible. So please can you give me a shout if this idea is still on the go.

Thanks

Susan

Comment

Hiya

Not something I'll be doing personally now, since I only had a handful of responses.

Not sure if you're aware that Craft Fairs Scotland (http://www.craftfairsscotland.co.uk/Events.htm) are running an event in Dunfermline in April?

Hope that helps!

Carol
          Carol

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. No I wasn't aware of the Dunfermline one. There seem to be SO many different organisations/areas organising fairs that it is difficult to keep track of everything.

Thanks again for your help.

Susan.

Comment

fife craft fair

hi, new to all this so 4give any mistakes. r u still hoping to organise this? i have been trying to persuade Fife farmers market to 'open' up a bit but they are not keen. Perhaps this is an avenue that could be explored i.e. a seperate market on the same day in the same venues but called the Fife craft market. any thoughts?
              Amanda

www.janeexelbys.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Soap Queen

Great to see another soaper on the forum, welcome

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by soap queen View Post
                  hi, new to all this so 4give any mistakes. r u still hoping to organise this? i have been trying to persuade Fife farmers market to 'open' up a bit but they are not keen. Perhaps this is an avenue that could be explored i.e. a seperate market on the same day in the same venues but called the Fife craft market. any thoughts?
                  Hiya! That's a great idea, actually (I've been in touch with Farmers Market folk in the past as well). There are a couple of craft fairs organised for Dunfermline now by craft fairs scotland, so it'll be interesting to see how well attended they are. I'm not personally thinking of organising anything anymore due to other committments (and distinct lack of interest!), but am happy to help out if anyone else wants to take this on

Carol
                  Carol

Comment

craft fairs in fife

Hi I am so annoyed I didn't see your post earlier I haveben trying to join local craft organisations for about 3 years nowbut cant get in. I wouldlove to beableto go to craft fairs but thyearevery few in fife area especially dunfermline/kircaldy I'm sure if people knewthey would be interested the problem is letting people know. I am a meber of Dam we tried to get to beable to put our work on the glen gates in dunfermline last year but nothing came of it and yet a group of artists did in fact use the glengates for this purpose. I've tried car boots but just dont get the salestoo many peopleselling for pennies.I've tried cowdenbeath market but craft stalls don't pay.

Comment

New to the Forum and just browsing. I would be really interested in Craft Fairs in Fife. Visited the Fair in Dunfermline organised by Craft Fairs Scotland and wasn't impressed too many staffs crammed in. Quite a lot of visitors though!

If anyone hears of anything let me know.

Thanks

Shona

Comment

Craft Fair Scotland fair in Dunfermline

I exhibited at the last fair in April, and had a really good day. Lots of footfall and many sales of my smaller items - i.e the cards and bookmarks rather than the paintings and prints. The next one is a week on Saturday - the 8th of August - and, by the looks of the CFS website there's not quite so many people signed up for it (maybe due to holidays) so we'll see how that one goes. If you're in the area come and give me a shout and support your fellow crafters!

Cheers

Susan
                        Omand Original

Comment

Dunfermline Fair cancelled

So where are all you crafters that want a fair in Fife? The Dunfermline fair organised by craft fair Scotland, due to go ahead on 8th August, has been cancelled due to a lack of exhibitors/exhibitor cancellations. I was due to exhibit there, having had a good day at their previous fair (see previous post) and am very disappointed that it has been cancelled, not least because I turned down fairs in other areas to attend my "local event". Was the timing bad, were there other fairs that you were going to, do you not like the organisation? I would be interested to know. BTW I am just an ordinary crafter - nothing to do with Craft Fair Scotland.

Cheers

Susan

Comment

Yep me too, was signed up for the Dunfermline one, not happy at less than 1 weeks notice of it being cancelled. They also said future events may be cancelled which, since I've booked for the Xmas one, is not great news since it is now too late to get in anywhere else.
                            NOT a happy bunny.
                            Louise
                            x

Comment

Ah! Hadn't heard that the one next week had been cancelled - bummer! Wasn't booked to exhibit, but was planning to attend.

Hopefully the November one will still go ahead!
                              Carol

Comment

Working...
                              X