Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craft/Market Fayre Question, RE: Soap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Craft/Market Fayre Question, RE: Soap

    I will be doing my first craft stall in 2 weeks with my husband. I will be taking quite a variety of soap down with me, alot of full and half kilo loaves aswell as other varieties of soap in mould forms etc, my question is, do i cut the loaves into slices before i take it to my stall, or do i cut it as and when a customer wants some? My hubby thinks i should cut it when someone wants a slice, but im just thinking if its really busy, wont this be time consuming? Would it be better already cut and wrapped up?

    Any advice would be great! Thanks! Claire xxx

  • #2
    I would cut and wrap some of the loaves, to show how big a slice is.

    People don't mind waiting to be served while you cut and wrap plus as they wait they tend to look ( and hopefully buy ) more.
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

    my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by beckyboo View Post
      I would cut and wrap some of the loaves, to show how big a slice is.

      People don't mind waiting to be served while you cut and wrap plus as they wait they tend to look ( and hopefully buy ) more.
      Definitely. Take a few "finished" samples to build a display, and then cut + wrap to order.

      If it gets horribly busy, sell the display items to reduce the queue, and then wrap some more up as soon as there is a lull!
      --Matt

      Web Development
      Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

      Comment


      • #4
        The advantage of cutting in advance is that you can weigh, wrap and stick with a label stating weight - otherwise cutting and weighing at time of sale can slow things down.
        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
        website
        blog

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for your replies guys!

          I think im going to go with the suggestions of wrapping some and perhaps leaving some uncut, which can be cut as needed, or when the stall is quiet.........

          Claire x

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Claire74 View Post
            Thanks for your replies guys!

            I think im going to go with the suggestions of wrapping some and perhaps leaving some uncut, which can be cut as needed, or when the stall is quiet.........

            Claire x
            Good luck - and let us know how it goes!!
            --Matt

            Web Development
            Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

            Comment


            • #7
              oh how exciting! Good luck !!
              Snowf1975

              https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

              Comment


              • #8
                It might be an idea to take a copy of your SA/Certs with you, also make sure your scales are stamped and accurate. TS vary from one area to another but you never know when they might land on your stall.
                ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                website
                blog

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like the idea of cutting and wrapping at your stall, I think people would buy a bigger slice than you would normally cut. But as EJ says, it's the weighing aspect that might be an issue.
                  Hope it goes well for you though
                  http://lomondsoap.blogspot.com
                  http://lomondsoap.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
                    It might be an idea to take a copy of your SA/Certs with you, also make sure your scales are stamped and accurate. TS vary from one area to another but you never know when they might land on your stall.
                    That's just what I was going to suggest! I always pre-pack my soaps to avoid having to drag my scales around!!
                    Carol

                    Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I always cut 5-6 slices and take them with me to save space that way at the end of the day you know what soap has sold well etc and plus you can make a nice display up because loafs take all the room up. When I return home I always stock back up again, If you took the loaf you will need, soaf cutter, wax paper, ingrediants stickers and scales.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X