Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First fair, arrrrgh!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm doing my first fair a week on sun and just thought I'd ask if there is anything I especially need to know/remember? Or just and tips/help in general, am rather nervous!!!!

Thanks,
    Kerry.

Plenty of cash float in assorted coins and notes.

Sod's Law says that your first customer will hand over a £20 note for something costing less than a fiver.
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

Comment

My tip would be to do a practice run of your table set-up at home. That way you can plan how you're gonna do the layout and also check to make sure you have enough stock plus plenty of reserves to fill in spaces when all your stuff sells (ever the optimistic ).

Make sure you have an order book, pen, note pad, sellotape, scissors and any other tools, loads of business cards/flyers to give out, a flask of something warm to drink and a sarnie just in case the refreshments cost the earth (as happened to someone else on the forum recently).

Relax, smile and most of all enjoy it.

Good luck and keep us posted as to how you got on.
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Good advice above about what to do and take with you. Don't be nervous, nobody goes to a craft fair expecting you to be a professional sales person so just be pleasant, smile and try engaging people in conversation - they finder it harder to walk away then without buying!! Good luck.
        www.littlebead.blogspot.com
        www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Thanks for all those. I work in retail anyway so the general chat shouldnt be an issue (i hope!!), and my mum is the crafter so will be directing all specific questions her way!!

Have a checklist but it keeps growing and growing, I dont know if i am over thinking somethings though, but I think its better to be too thorough than not enough!

Fingers crossed!!

Comment

Originally posted by kez1983 View Post
            Thanks for all those. I work in retail anyway so the general chat shouldnt be an issue (i hope!!), and my mum is the crafter so will be directing all specific questions her way!!

Have a checklist but it keeps growing and growing, I dont know if i am over thinking somethings though, but I think its better to be too thorough than not enough!

Fingers crossed!!
            You can never be too thorough. Keep a copy of that list and after the event put in on the computer, which any additions you need to make and you can then use it each time. I save hours by having mine to tick off, ensures that most things manage to get with me to the craft fairs etc.!
            Cynthia
            http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X