How late is too late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How late is too late?

As Christmas is drawing closer, I'm now building up our stocks ready for our forthcoming craft and Christmas fairs. The one thing which is worrying me though is how late in the year to be attending these events with our handcrafted greetings cards, keepsake cards and candles.

We have a Christmas fair booked for 20th December 2008 but I am now beginning to get a little apprehensive that this may be too late in the month, and therefore a waste of time. The event is in a city centre location.

All opinions would be gratefully received and considered.

Thanks a lot.

Laura x

I have normally got all my gifts and cards made and bought by October but this is mainly because this is my busiest time of year.

I think this year cusomers may leave until later because of the money etc, saying they are not going to buy but then shopping at the last moment.

An old boss I had left all his gift shopping until Christmas Eve but I think this is a man thing when the wife has to think of food and gifts for the whole family not just the odd one or two.

Give it a go, if it does not succeed don't do this fair next year.

Comment

As a last minute shopper myself I am sure I'm not alone!Don't forget lots of people are too busy at work to get their buying done early so I'm sure you will be OK. Good luck.
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Most of the men I know leave their Christmas buying to the last minute, so you may well do fine with them
        www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

There was another thread recently about more or less the same question. I would say it would be too late for cards - after all most cards should be posted by 20 December, but candles would catch people's eyes I would think. If it is a well attended event then you may be surprised and sell more cards than you expect, but I would personally think it is too late for Christmas - better get the birthday cards ready for those who have to buy for birthdays and can't see any in the shops as they are full of Christmas cards!!! My last event is a late night shopping in our local town on 14 December and I never sell many cards there, I rely on other items I sell at that time.

Good luck anyway.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that... I have been thinking along the same lines but then started to think I might be wrong - I guess it helps knowing someone else is on the same wavelength as me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ifor-Jones View Post
              There was another thread recently about more or less the same question. I would say it would be too late for cards - after all most cards should be posted by 20 December, but candles would catch people's eyes I would think. If it is a well attended event then you may be surprised and sell more cards than you expect, but I would personally think it is too late for Christmas - better get the birthday cards ready for those who have to buy for birthdays and can't see any in the shops as they are full of Christmas cards!!! My last event is a late night shopping in our local town on 14 December and I never sell many cards there, I rely on other items I sell at that time.

Good luck anyway.
              Cynthia thanks for that - I'm also doing a range of notecards which would perhaps sell as these can be gifts too, right? I think I'll go along and see how it goes, then make a decision for next year based on what happens

Comment

If I were passing a craft fair on the *24th* December, I'd be in there like a shot, trust me! And seeing as it's a city centre (presumably) full of shoppers, I don't see there being a problem?
                Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Gail It's in Derby City Centre so hopefully there will be lots of shoppers around

Comment

Working...
                  X