Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashbee
    replied
    When I preserve leaves I use glycerin. You can buy it from your local chemist in jars (can be marked up as Glycerol) for about £1.

Mix 1 part glycrerin with 2 parts water and heat it up so they mix well. (You can use a higher glycerin ratio as well). Put your leaves in a plastic contianer with a lid and then pour over the glycerin mixture. The leaves need to be totally submerged for it to work. You then need to leave them in a dark place for 2-3 weeks, checking periodically that the mixture hasn't dried up (if yes, then top up).

Basically the leaves soak up the mixture and when finally done they are nice and soft, will retain their colour and last for a few years!

I am in the process of preserving some beautiful leaves that I picked when I went to Westonbirt Arboretum in Gloucester last week.

Leave a comment:

• fraggle
    replied
    hello,
    thanks to eveyone for their replies, i'm still not sure if i have found what i am looking for, the waxed paper used for food wrapping apparently isn't the stuff i need. its all very confusing! i need a leaf preserving expert i think! lol!

Leave a comment:

• ElaineJ
    replied
    I hadn't looked AW's wrapping page recently - I'm sure that they didn't have waxed paper for soaps last time I visited.

Leave a comment:

• MrSwirl
    replied
    Ohh - finally a crafty one that I can answer!!!

Try Lakeland - they do it on rolls or in circles for jam jars. That's where Swirly bought hers from when she was looking.

Leave a comment:

• Lomond Soap
    replied
    Try http://www.ancientwisdom.biz/bagsbags/bb6/index.php
    Scroll to the bottom of the page
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• goldy1
    replied
    http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=w...num=1&ct=title

Leave a comment:

• fraggle
    started a topic waxed paper

waxed paper

i want to preserve some autumn leaves with the children i work with and was told to use waxed paper for this, apparently it can be ironed over to preserve them, but i am unable to find anywhere that sells it. any suggestions???
Working...
X