Doing your own fairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing your own fairs

Hi everyone, I'm part of a craft group which is going to start organising it's own craft fairs next year. We are sorted for the arranging, organising and venue but I was wondering if anyone had any advice about when to start them in the year? Obviously we want to make sure that the event is as fruitful as possible and we have a city centre location which hopefully means a certain amount of traffic.

The new year is always quiet we all know but does anyone have a month they start booking, attending or arranging fairs?

The earliest fair I have been to was May I think.
    Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
    Sarah x
    www.plain-jane-textiles.co.uk
    Stitched in Sheffield

My blog:
    www.knitting-up-north.co.uk
    I'm a member of:
    Sheffield Craft Candy

I think Easter would be the earliest I would book a fair. I dont know when it is this year but you know the weather seems to get better earlier in the year and when the sun shines people look for somewhere to go so why not a craft fair? Good luck to you all in your new venture
    Gifts made from the heart

Comment

I would say a week before Mothers Day should be a good time. I did a jewellery party about 10 days before this years and took over £300! Selina

Comment

Mother's Day is 22 March next year and Easter Sunday 12 April, so a fair mid March could catch trade for both occasions. Certainly I think that is the earliest you would probably want it as people are still catching up from Christmas in the first couple of months of the year.
        Cynthia
        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I think it sounds sensible!

Spring is probably the best time to start them, as the weather starts to improve.

Thanks again, we'd better start organising!
          xx
          www.plain-jane-textiles.co.uk
          Stitched in Sheffield

My blog:
          www.knitting-up-north.co.uk
          I'm a member of:
          Sheffield Craft Candy

Comment

Working...
          X