Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is to much for a christmas fair stall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is to much for a christmas fair stall?

I have found a Christmas fair in Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire and are charging £20 a table for 2 and half hours of trading, do you think this is a bit excessive or is this the going rate for chrismas fairs.

I am a little concerned that I am going to have to sell a lot of items to make my money back.

Does anyone feel the same?

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon
    Lucy Ward
    The Little Kettle Company

I had set myself a budget of £15 per fair this year, am paying £10 for my local one which is 4 hours so £2.50 ph but weakened and have paid £35 for another one, at a private girl's school with adverts on the local radio and newspapers, plus it is on the A3 at Hindhead so a lot of traffic goes past, works out at £8.75 ph. I am hoping because of the clientele that I do well but you never know.

I think I would ask what the footfall is like, do you know the area, isn't Cheadle quite affluent? and take it from there. It is a "try it and see " for any fair and you never know until the day. You could think it is cheap advertising remember to have leaflets to hand out even if people don't buy, they may go away then think "I wish I had bought that". with your contact details can ring or email you.

Good Luck whatever you do, I think we are all in the same boat this year.

Comment

Is the fair in a good location? Is it established?

I have no idea what you sell Lucy, but if it was jewellery, then 2 - 3 pieces and it is covered + petrol. Is it a long way for you to travel?

If is is local and it is established I would certainly go for it.

Christmas is the best time for making sales, there is never a better time.

Most important though Lucy is this... You do not need millions of people to make good sales, you need a few good sales from the right people.

Just go for it, I can get too deep sometimes lol.. Good Luck

Comment

I have paid from £10 for 3 hours to £40 the day this year, the questions I have been asking the organisers is how much advertising has taken place, and what was the fayre like the previous year, how many visitors etc? How many tables ? what sort of crafts?
        What crafts are you selling? (if you dont mind me asking?)
        Good luck with the day if you decide to go ahead and stand.
        Sarah

Comment

I limit to £20 as I do need to sell quite a lot to cover that. i had an email yesterday sent through my website with a fantastic offer of a craft fair in the heart of winchester - great I thought until i read a bit further. The cost of the stall would be £100 but get in quick and there is a £25 reduction and only for 4 hours. mmmm aaarrrhh let me think about this for a mo - think i will leave this one.

Donna
          The Soap Fairy xx
          www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

Originally posted by The Soap Fairy View Post
            I limit to £20 as I do need to sell quite a lot to cover that. i had an email yesterday sent through my website with a fantastic offer of a craft fair in the heart of winchester - great I thought until i read a bit further. The cost of the stall would be £100 but get in quick and there is a £25 reduction and only for 4 hours. mmmm aaarrrhh let me think about this for a mo - think i will leave this one.

Donna
            I agree Donna rent is something that has to be considered, I set a limit of £15.00 this year have already broken it for one at £35.00 but DH said if this one does not reap so to speak it is back to the £15.00.

Comment

Hi Lucy,

I agree with the others in that it really depends on location and advertising. I grew up in Cheadle Hulme though, so if you let me know where it is I might be able to give you some info?
              www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
              www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
              Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
              Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

I usually pay £15 for a stall with the local church fairs, but then apart from the cake stall I am generally to only other 'handmade' person there, it's usually for 2 hours. I generally take enough to cover the rent and a little bit more. I don't use them as a money making thing, just happy to support the local church and get my name out there (it did lead to other craft fairs) plus it sometimes clears out some of the less expensive items as the kids like to buy brooches and keyrings!
                www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Working...
                X