Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glasgow Bizarre Bazaar 13/12/08. Interested in a stall??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasgow Bizarre Bazaar 13/12/08. Interested in a stall??

Hi Everyone,
    I am organising a new craft fair, the Glasgow Bizarre Bazaar which will cater to a more alternative/burlesque/gothic/fetish market.

The first one will be in Glasgow, in the prestigious Royal Concert Hall which is located at the intersection of two of Glasgow's busiest shopping streets, Buchanan Street and Sauchiehall Street. We are expecting a good turnout as this will be heavily promoted in the run-up to Christmas.

We are looking for crafters who have items which they think would appeal to this market, particularly leather/celtic/gothic/alternative/fetish clothing or giftware makers AND especially if you do anything with latex. If you are interested or know of anyone who might be then please feel free to drop me a line, either through the glasgowbizarrebazaar.com website or through MySpace and I'll contact you with more details.

The cost will be £40 for a 6ft by 2ft table, chairs, backboard, etc and the fair runs from 12pm till 4pm (with a small window either side for loading and unloading).
    Cheers,
    Kelly x

Hi, I have tried to contact you because I am interested in booking a stall at this event, but the email form on your site does not seem to be working
    http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

Comment

Hi Amethystjewellery,

try this one: [email protected]

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

Thank you ! This idea sounds great

Comment

Hi there! Sound brill! I would love a stall too but i dont think that my jewellery would fit into this bracket. Do you fancy taking a look to tell me what you think?

But even if i cant have a stall...... i'll defo be there for a look! Sounds great!!!

Jill
          xxx
          Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Gbb

Hi Jill,
            Just sent you a mail through your website. Your stuff is amazing, we would love to have you on board
            Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,
            Kelly x

PS. Have left you my contact details.

Comment

Excellent!!! Count me in then ! I'll email you.....
              Snowf1975

Comment

"Price is for all day and is inclusive of VAT & marketing!"

just wondering what marketing you wiill be doing for it? i wouold like to come but £40 is a lot for 4 hours so want to check its well advertised. I dont mean to sound rude.

Comment

Cost of GBB

Hi Laura,
                  Just posted a lengthy reply to this but my computer seems to have messed up and lost it somewhere. In short, £40 may be quite a lot but this is one of the most prestigious (& therefore, expensive) venues in Glasgow. I am not making any money from booking this out as they are charging me a small fortune for hire and I will have nothing left over after paying for the hall and for getting posters/flyers printed up which I will have put up all over in suitable places in Glasgow.

However, I did not start the GBB to make money (at this one at least ) but after looking long and hard for a fair with the right audience demographic for the stuff I sell (bespoke corsetry and gothic/fetish-type clothing) I came up short so decided to set up a fair of my own. I am hoping to attract a different, possibly younger audience to these events which I am hoping will not be a one-off.

I hope that this answers your question.
                  Kind Regards,
                  Kelly x

Comment

I think 40pounds for the Royal Concert Hall is a STEAL. Some other fairs charge a small fortune per square foot for that venue.

I emailed you a wee while ago about this, but I'm still trying to get someone to cover my usual stall that day

Comment

Yes, £40 is not expensive at all for such a prestigious venue. I am really looking forward to this one!

Comment

Thanks.....

I'm really looking forward to it to and to meeting you and seeing all your lovely stuff.
                        Hope I can make it through the day without buying too much or it kind of defeats the purpose.

Kind Regards,
                        Kelly xx

Comment

Hope you can make it.

If not there is always the next one
                          Kelly xx

Comment

I was wondering too....... how many jewellery stalls are there going to be? Im all for healthy competition but a ton of jewellery stalls might defeat the purpose of a "Bazare Bazzar"
                            Snowf1975

Comment

Hi Jill,

I agree with you on that and it makes for a pretty boring shopping experience too. I am trying to keep the bookings fairly well spread across the range of things that people sell. At the moment we have about 3 jewellery designers, bags, 2x hats, 1 leather collars & cuff maker, a fabulous fancy cake maker, a corset maker (me), t-shirts, clothes and loads of other stuff.

There are also a lot of people who expressed an interest in the GBB that haven't booked yet. They are selling loads of different stuff and I know that I have one card maker and a giftware person who have confirmed but not paid yet.

Hope this answers your question. I will stick stuff up on the website to try to encourage some more diversity.

Kelly x

Comment

Working...
                              X