Insurance for running a craft fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for running a craft fair

At the moment i am using Hearing dogs for Deaf and Church hall insurance..

but later on, I will want to branch out and do a monthly craft fair.. so i will need my own insurance..

any advice please?
    Crystal Rose x

Bears are for life, not just for Christmas!

www.crystalbears.co.uk
    www.crystalbears.wordpress.com

Hi,

Yes you will need public liability insurance for the whole event, most venues ask for it.
    I'm also planning a craft fair and was quoted £250 for the day, the cost is less depending on the amount of public you think will turn up.
    I found my quote from a company from a google search, any way I hope this helps.

Ann

P.S The company is called UK Commercial Ltd.

Comment

hello

i have just done my insurance with ian wallce on the internet it was £64.95 for the year,
      they email you all the deatils like the certificate the same day.
      so far so good.

clare
      www.craftedcards.info
      www.ambientlight.co.uk

Comment

Hello,

You can get insurance from the National Market Traders Federation. I think it's about £70 for the year. You just join them and the insurance is included and you get various other benefits as well I think. All the info is on their website.

portfolio: www.suzielda.co.uk

buy online: www.mooart.com

Comment

Hi

I too use Ian W Wallace for my craft club insurance & for my own insurance for my PartiCraft business - I'd definitely recommend them!

Cheers

Michelle

Comment

Hi,
            I just want to clarify the info I gave for insurance is for organising an event and to cover a whole event.

For personal insurance I would also recommend The National Market Traders Federation, by having this personal insurance it also opens doors if you want to pursue general markets.

Ann

Comment

Originally posted by elzi View Post
              Hello,

You can get insurance from the National Market Traders Federation. I think it's about £70 for the year. You just join them and the insurance is included and you get various other benefits as well I think. All the info is on their website.

I used these guys too, they were certainly the cheapest that i could find!
              http://www.aniccajewellery.co.uk
              http://www.new.facebook.com/profile....ery/6215267978
              http://www.AniccaJewellery.etsy.com

Comment

Hello

I'm organising a craft fair and I'm on the hunt for insurance advice.
                In your opinion is it ok to expect the stallholders to have their own insurance? I have a friend who does fairs and she has her own.

The building we are using has public liability. I have been reading the advice on the UKCFIS website but he didn't mention stallholders insuring themselves.

This is a charity event for the Cubs and Scouts, they have very little money to play with so I'm hoping to avoid having to foot the insurance bill tho' I want to be sure everyone is well covered.

I'm wondering, as our rate for tables is very cheap (£15) would that make expecting stallholders to insure themselves any more reasonable?

I'll leave that one with all of you who seem to be well in the know!

Comment

Working...
                X