Desperately short of crafters in Rugby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately short of crafters in Rugby

I am short of enough crafters to make a go of The Claremont Craft Fair. So far I have had payment for three stalls and two more promised. I have not yet banked cheques in case I have to return them. Is everyone being very cautious at the moment - I can understand that. I will give it two more weeks and then The Claremont will make a decision.
    Pleeeease have a go, it will be fun.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

If I lived nearer I would come, I have found in general that there are less fairs this year. the Pamper & Pimms in the next village has not gone ahead this year due to lack of interest. I am doing 'Open House' instead.

Comment

Hi Carol. I haven't heard any more from you since you accepted me for the event so haven't sent you a cheque yet. Don't know if you had trouble getting an e-mail to me as I have been waiting for more info. Perhaps you could pm me to bring me up to speed. Thanks.
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

I'm looking for more fairs, but you're about 40 miles away from me. True, there does seem to be a shortage of them in some areas this year and sales are not justifying travelling too far from home.

Good luck and I hope you have a successful day if it goes ahead.

Comment

Hi Carol,

I hope you received my cheque for the 2 stalls OK? Are there any particular crafts you're looking for, I can ask around locally to see if there would be anyone interested, but if you're fully booked for some I'll make sure to mention that.

Claire
          Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
          Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
          www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

When is the fair? I really enjoy visiting local events.
            Woodenlady

Comment

Hi Woodenlady,

The fair is on Saturday 11th October, at The Claremont in Rugby, which is on the corner of Clifton Road & Bath Street. It's pretty much in the town centre, opposite Lawrence Sheriff School.

I can't remember the times off the top of my head though - will have to come back and let you know, I think it was 10-3 but I can't be certain.

Claire
              Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
              Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
              www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Wish I could be there, especially as its about a five minute walk from my house! Just toooo many haircuts to do on a Saturday!!!! Selina

Comment

Hi Carol
                  I have had a look at the map, and its about 25 miles for me, which is not to bad - can you send me the dates, prices etc and I will see if I can sort something out to come.

Debbie
                  justoneoff.co.uk
                  Debbie
                  www.justoneoff.co.uk

Comment

Unfortunately it's too far from me but I hope everything all works out for you.

Si.
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

Thankyou thankyou one and all, you're so kind to me. I would really love it to get off the ground. I have put so much work into it so far that to cancel would be heart breaking.
                      I will keep monitoring in case anyone else is interested.

p.s. I am still trying to trace Julie Brooks - any clue anyone?
                      Last edited by Critchley; 12-09-2008, 09:07 PM.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Could you send me some more details. I am looking to do christmas fairs this year.

I sell personalised chocolates, christmas gifts, cards etc.

Would you have anyone else doing this kind of craft there?

How many people are you expecting through the doors?

Maria
                        Maria
                        www.rixyswrappers.wahm.co.uk
                        personalised favours and gifts

Comment

Come on everyone! I'll be there and I want it to go ahead!
                          Cathy xx
                          http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
                          http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
                          http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
                          I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

Comment

Yes I second that, I'll be there too and we want everybody to come along and support and have some fun!!!
                            www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                            www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

I hope it goes well for you, I have had a look and it is too far for me to come, even to visit.
                              Laura
                              http://lilacstarcrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X