Xmas Craft Fairs Manchester/Cheshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Craft Fairs Manchester/Cheshire

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and i'm struggling to find craft fairs in the Stockport/Manchester/Cheshire areas. Seems to be pretty rare around here! Does anyone know of any coming up in Oct/Nov/Dec? I know there is one at the Cresta Court in Altrincham in November but thats it!

Thanks in advance!

Vicks

Hi Vicks,

A lot of the Cheshire fairs are run by Creative Crafts (http://www.creativecrafts-online.co.uk/index.html), but whether or not you'll get a booking through them depends on what you make - they won't take on any more jewellery so I've never done a fair with them myself so can't tell you whether they're any good or not.

Last year there was a Christmas craft fair at Staircase House in Stockport which may be on again, but it's not one I'd recommend. It was very quiet and freezing cold because people kept leaving the doors open! Sorry I can't be more help - let me know if you find any!
    www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
    www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
    Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
    Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Craft fairs around this area are very rare! I tend to find more around the lancashire area, sont know if your willing to travel that far... Theres a big one in preston called Preston on the Market thats once a month. If you find any though, please let me know!!
      I like to make things - usually a mess!
      Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
      http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I make jewellery so i'm out of the first one! Will keep an eye out for the Staircase House one.

There is a craft market every year in Chorlton, which I did in May. It was my first craft fair and it was really busy, as it is part of a big arts festival. Not sure if it is by invite though, as I got in through my friend who did it the previous year.

Will keep looking, and post if I find any!

Vicks x

Comment

Just bumping this in case anyone has heard of any recently.

Comment

I find a lot of the ones I've done in Yorkshire by trawling local authority websites. and any big houses which are near. Even if they dont run them, they usually put you intouch with who ever does.
            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

OH and myself have a regular market stall selling our wares and loads of customers say "Why don't you do the big Christmas Market in Manchester?" They reckon its fabulous for crafts and the like and that its always packed. Truth is we're busy enough on our regular stall so reckon its not for us but you might be interested.

Not sure if there's still time to book but it may be worth checking out. A quick google showed that its run by the council.
              http://www.manchester.gov.uk/site/sc...ocumentID=1654
              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
              X