Do I have enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have enough!

I am doing my first craft stall next weekend at a family fun day and I have been looking through all my items that I want to see but am not sure if I have enough or whether I am just panicking for no reason?

Has anyone else felt like this before a craft day?

Many thanks and look forward to hear from members soon

Lucy
    Lucy Ward
    The Little Kettle Company

I thought that too at my first party, but there was plenty to go around.

If not, look on the bright side, if the demand is so high you can raise the price heh heh!

What sort of things are you selling? How many of them do you have?

If you find stocks are running low you could take orders
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Hey, Lucy - Yes, I know just what you mean! Fret not - if that's what you have, then it will be enough...
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

What you already have will probably be enough, and if you run out then at least you can take orders, hand out business cards, spread the name around etc. Plus how good would that be, to sell out - it's a dream!!

let us know how it goes

Visit my blog!
        http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
        www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

I felt like this at my first events, went in laden down with the kitchen sink etc, a bit like packing for a holiday. Have now got it down to a fine art by all means take a lot. style your table have some spare and leave the rest in the car or at home. If anyone wants more than one you can always ask them to give you 5 minutes, suggest continuing the tour or a cup of coffee and you can collect from the car or agree to send on when you get home.

Comment

Have you tried doing a mock up of your stall at home, on the dining room table or something (make sure you measure it!)? Apart from being good practice for the day itself, it's a useful way to see how much stock you have - lay out the table and have a bit spare to fill gaps as you sell, and I'm sure you'll be fine.
            www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
            www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
            Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
            Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Originally posted by CeeGee View Post
              Have you tried doing a mock up of your stall at home, on the dining room table or something (make sure you measure it!)? Apart from being good practice for the day itself, it's a useful way to see how much stock you have - lay out the table and have a bit spare to fill gaps as you sell, and I'm sure you'll be fine.
              Now THAT's a good idea!
              Cheers,
              Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
              Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Thank you Scorch
                www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
                www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
                Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
                Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I really love this forum and thanks for all your comments.

Lucy

P.s I make lavender hearts, peg bags, laundry bags etc
                  Lucy Ward
                  The Little Kettle Company

Comment

Lighting

Have noticed on the forum that no one ever mentions taking any lights to enhance their stands at craft fairs. I recommend that all stands are lit as it lifts the products on show and beckons visitors to the stall. Stand them at the back of the display but turn the light source around to pin point an area on the table, rather than dazzling the visitor!
                    Woodenlady

Comment

Originally posted by woodenlady View Post
                      Have noticed on the forum that no one ever mentions taking any lights to enhance their stands at craft fairs. I recommend that all stands are lit as it lifts the products on show and beckons visitors to the stall. Stand them at the back of the display but turn the light source around to pin point an area on the table, rather than dazzling the visitor!
                      Woodenlady
                      Lights do enhance displays but there are quite strict regulations regarding lighting, 'elf & safety' and all that plus there isn't always a convenient power source.
                      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Hello from me

Where are you based? Got any photos of your stuff, i'm very nosey!
                        jacksonhen

www.jacksonhennigan.co.uk
                        www.maiaweddingsandevents.co.uk

Comment

I quite often take my own light, its an LED one not much thicker than a pencil with about 10 little LED's in it. The top half bends so I can place it where I like. i also take my own power pack which fits nicely under the table. The LED's make swarovski's sparkle like crazy. Selina

Comment

Working...
                          X