Last few stalls available for London PF Convention, Sept 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last few stalls available for London PF Convention, Sept 27th

The nice people at the Pagan Federation London are holding a convention this year, after the success of last year's event. It's attended by lots of pagan folks and new age sorts of people, and they have a small number of traders there.

I attended this event last year, and did quite well there - the attendees are friendly, welcoming, and typically looking for something handmade, different and interesting. There are just one or two stands left, I believe.

They say : "Called Gaia-Fortuna, it will be held at the University of London Union (ULU) in Malet St, London, on Saturday, September 27, 2008 from 12noon to 9pm. This is the 2nd annual PFL convention of the "new series", with Opening Ceremony, talks and workshops by many experts on pagan/ magical subjects, Closing Ritual at 7pm and then 2 hours of pure social (7pm-9pm) to network, chill & so******e afterwards (by popular demand). Beginners and experienced pagans welcome..."

http://www.pflondon.org/html/social_events.html

I believe that the stall rate is £50 for the day, including a table, chairs and electricity. You can reach the organiser, Mani, at [email protected] or on 077689 41373.

I haven't any connection to this organisation or event (other than that I'll have a stall there again this year), but enjoyed last year's day and did well there, and would like to see them do even better with this year's!
    Last edited by woodtattoos; 09-09-2008, 02:07 PM.
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Not long now...
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Comment

BTW - I lied! The title is misleading, I'm sorry - it's not on the 25th, but the 27th, the Saturday...
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Comment

Originally posted by Scorch View Post
        BTW - I lied! The title is misleading, I'm sorry - it's not on the 25th, but the 27th, the Saturday...
        Consider yourself well and truly Mod-editted.

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

Oooh, thanks for that! It's a nice event, and I'd like to see Mani be able to fill all his tables...
          Cheers,
          Scorch

Comment

I believe the trader spaces are all full now (They'd better be, as it's tomorrow!), but if anyone would like to attend this event, I have some more details about it :

--------------------
            PF London: Gaia-Fortuna convention - this saturday 27th sept in London.
            The PF London’s annual event `GAIA-FORTUNA Convention’ takes place this Saturday 27th September 2008, on the 3rd floor of at ULU (University of London Union building), Malet Street, London. (tube: Warren Street or Goodge Street). The event will start at 12pm and finish at 9pm. Entrance tickets are £10 (PF members) and £12 for non-members.
            Caroline Wise: will attune us to the energies of the Goddess Fortuna in an opening ceremony.
            Kenneth Rees: speaks about “.35 years and counting! - positive changes in the pagan/witchcraft communities since the 1970s.
            Vivianne Crowley Wiccan High Priestess and author of ‘Wicca’ (HarperCollins) and ‘The Natural Magician’ (Penguin) will explore the Goddess Fortuna in Paganism past and present, and the competing energies of fortune and free will.
            Geraldine Beskin owner of The Atlantis, London's oldest independent occult bookshop, shares her intrigues of `Aleister Crowley’ , the man behind the myth. With an illustrated talk.
            The flamboyant and fantastic south London poet and shaman, John `Crow’ Constable of Sothwark Mysteries, will speak and feature songs/poetry on `The Goose, The Crow and the Cross Bones Portal'

Other talks include :
            "All Acts Of Love And Pleasure Are My Rituals" by Caroline Robertson, wiccan High Priestess;
            'Hoodoo, The Blues and Robert Johnson' by Phyllis Pointer;
            History Mysteries, by Michael Bingas, a Priest of Aphrodite and Wiccan;
            Meredith will give insights into 'Gods of the Future?' with video clips from various Science Fiction films;
            Mark Jeoffroy speaks on `the Poet as Magician,
            Not to be missed are workshops by :
            Marielle Holman: on Ritual Dance within the Temple;
            Jacqueline-Anne Woodward Smith on the Bee Goddess- Hive of community and Justice in the workplace,
            Ed & April on "Sonding the runes,"
            Mark McCann on "making friends with Fortuna"
            There will be a talk and demonstration/performance of Gothic Bellydancing from Sascha Copper, and a performance from Bacchus Border Morris, once described as the Deep Purple of the Morris Scene!
            Hern’s Tribe & Tribe of Avalon, two of London’s own eclectic outdoor /indoor working ritual groups, will join to facilitate the grand closing ritual.
            There will be the many pagan Art & craft stalls to loose one’s self in, and spend our money, or take a chance on the Raffle prizes, and end the day with an hour of Social networking in a large room with everyone! Details on all the talks, workshops, speakers, stalls can be found on our website www.pflondon.org
            Come and join us and enjoy the event...
            Bright Blessings.Mani (PF London Events Manager).
            --------------------
            Cheers,
            Scorch

Comment

PF Convention

Hi there

What sort of things do you do and are taking to the convention?

Holistic Harmony

Comment

Sorry for being nosey i am just asking to see if my things would be suitable for the convention.

Marie

Comment

Hiya

I'm a pyrographer, making all sorts of items from wood & leather. You can see some examples on my website and Flickr account below. That does include a selection of more esoteric items, such as altars, chalices and wands, and items with pagan themes, but I make all sorts of other things too!

If you want a stall at tomorrow's event, you could call Mani up (his number is on the PF webpage, I believe) and ask him if he has any left for a cash payment on the day, but I don't know if he will still have space at this late stage. Or, of course, you could always come along to the evnt this year and see if you fancy a stall next year!
                  Cheers,
                  Scorch

Comment

Well, we had a good time - lots of fun, with talks and dancing and I even sold stuff!
                    Cheers,
                    Scorch

Comment

Working...
                    X