Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I mad?? Eyes up all crafters in West Yorkshire!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I mad?? Eyes up all crafters in West Yorkshire!!

As there's not been anything 'crafty' in my local area for a few years, I've decided to organise an arts and craft fair!

I've been to a few, held stalls at some and now taken the plunge to organise my first event!

So, on Saturday 4th October 2008 at Eccleshill Methodist Church (Norman Lane, Eccleshill, Bradford, BD2 2LB) between 10am and 4pm, my art and craft fair will take place!!

I'm wanting a mixed bag of artists/crafters and I'm very reluctant to have more than one stall per art/craft. I have a strict 'hand-made' only items rule as I feel it's unfair on other crafters to sell bought in products.

There will also be a 'Just 4 kids' marquee where I'm hoping to get 3-5 stalls dedicated to childrens arts, crafts and entertainment, with face painters, temporary tattoo artists etc. There'll also be a bouncy castle.

We have 10 indoor stalls at £10 (6ft x 2ft) , 6 outdoor stalls at £6 (6ft x 6ft plot - own table, chairs etc required) and 3-5 stalls in the childrens marquee at £8 (stall availability and size is dependant on the area needed for activity).

Food will be available at lunchtime and refreshments will be served througout the day.

Admission to visitors is free.

If you are interested in coming along, holding a stall or would like more info, please get in touch

x
    Carrie xx

Hi craftycarrie,

I might be interested, could you PM me some more details please.

I handmake all my own stuff and make a range of things. You can have a look at my website for a better idea if you like.

Thanks!
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi there Yvonne,

Thank you so much for showing interest in my event. I've just sent you an email.

Kind regards,
      Carrie x
      Carrie xx

Comment

Hi Carrie

I'd be interested. I'll pm you now!

Haze
        http://www.craftynclothy.com

http://www.folksy.com/shops/craftynclothy

http://craftynclothy.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Hazel,

Thank you for your interest. I've just sent you an email!
          Carrie xx

Comment

I'm so happy today I could pop!

I don't know if I mentioned in earlier posts, but I'm organising this event for a number of reasons, but the main reason is to help raise funds for Manorlands Hospice.

Manorlands is a palliative care hospice set in Bronte country and my Aunt was there June-July 2006. It is such a beautiful, peaceful place but such sad circumstances make people aware of it. Since my Aunts death, I've wanted to do something to show my appreciation for the care they showed and just for being there.

I contacted the fundraising team telling them about the event and if they had any tips they could offer to help raise extra money for them. The response I received nearly had me in tears.

It seems they remember my aunt (she was only 44 and her only son was 11 at the time) and have not only offered tips I didn't even think about, but are not only giving me such things as balloons, banners and collection cans, but pens, tea towels, teddies and other memorabilia to sell on the day.

I just feel so good about this and I really hope I can pull off this event to the best of my abilities.
            Carrie xx

Comment

I just wanna wish you good luck with your fair Carrie and I hope you raise lots of money for your good cause. I don't do fairs myself and I work on Saturdays so I can't come to visit you but I do hope you get the turn out you deserve.

Like you say, Hospices need all the help they can get and most people don't realise how much help until they or a loved one needs the services they provide.

I do hope that your cousin is coping with the loss of his mother.

Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

found it!!

Thank you auntynet, I'm hoping that the weather will get better because I may have to have a re-think on the proposed outdoor activities if it continues!!!!

rain, rain, go away, come again another day (but not 4th October purleeeeaaaass!!)
                Carrie xx

Comment

Working...
                X