Ally Pali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ally Pali

Hi, is anyone going to Ally Pali in September?
    It's the big Stamp and Scrapbook show in London.
    I never miss it, lots of great exhibitors and demonstrations.
    The lighting takes some adjusting to and the food is quite expensive but it's an excellant show for card makers and scrapbookers.

Hi I don't do stamping or scrapbooking but your post caught my eye because it mentioned Ally Pali. I grew up near there and spent so much time there as the main hall was used for rollerskating (way before in-line skating tho' i won't tell you exactly how long ago!). As I got older it was the place to go for a drink with mates and boyfriends, ah such memories!
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by janetdc View Post
      Hi I don't do stamping or scrapbooking but your post caught my eye because it mentioned Ally Pali. I grew up near there and spent so much time there as the main hall was used for rollerskating (way before in-line skating tho' i won't tell you exactly how long ago!). As I got older it was the place to go for a drink with mates and boyfriends, ah such memories!
      I used to go up there with my much younger brothers as it used to have a half decent play area, much better than the one in Finsbury Park. As a teen I spent many a hot summer's day with my mates on the boating lake.

Do you remember the huge fire just after the council bought Ally Pally for £1? You could see the smoke for miles.

Ruby x
      Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
      Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
      Facebook Page

Comment

Even more nostalgia Girlyracer! I'd forgotten about the boating lake, and wasn't there a little train that went round the tracks there? You are right about that fire - it was huge. I lived in Harringay so used to go to Finsbury Park sometimes but more often to Downhills Park for the bikes. Memories....

Comment

Even more nostalgia Girlyracer! I'd forgotten about the boating lake, and wasn't there a little train that went round the tracks there? You are right about that fire - it was huge. I lived in Harringay so used to go to Finsbury Park sometimes but more often to Downhills Park for the bikes. Memories....
          So did I. I lived on 'The Ladder' near the Salisbury. I used t go to St Ann's Park quite a lot, too. Aahh memories of long hot summers during the 70s.

Ruby x
          Ruby xx

Facebook Page

Comment

Hey Girlyracer this gets more interesting, I lived on the ladder too - Alison Road, and went to North Harringay School and know St Anne's park well. I left there in 1975 and moved to Southgate.

Comment

Hey Girlyracer this gets more interesting, I lived on the ladder too - Alison Road, and went to North Harringay School and know St Anne's park well. I left there in 1975 and moved to Southgate.
              OMG . This is just sooo weird. I used to live in Allison Road, too. Right near the bottom, 120. I lived there till I left home in 1986 and moved to Tottenham.

Have moved around a bit since.

Ruby x
              Ruby xx

Facebook Page

Comment

I think we have highjacked this thread somewhat Girlyracer so I will pm you!!

Comment

I think we have highjacked this thread somewhat Girlyracer so I will pm you!!
                  Awww I'm loving this, it's just way too spooky...but agree the op's thread has been well and truely hijacked. Maybe you could start a new thread elsewhere so us nosy folk (I'm sure I'm not the only one) can hear a bit more about this spooky coincedence - dying to know if you knew the same people or even each other way back.
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                    Awww I'm loving this, it's just way too spooky...but agree the op's thread has been well and truely hijacked. Maybe you could start a new thread elsewhere so us nosy folk (I'm sure I'm not the only one) can hear a bit more about this spooky coincedence - dying to know if you knew the same people or even each other way back.
                    Yes - don't leave us in suspense now!!
                    Cynthia
                    http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X