Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Fest!

OK,

Following on from my previous thread about the possibilities of a 'cards only' craft fair I thought it might be an idea to see where in the county the greatest concentration of card crafters is. I guess it would make sense to think of there as a place to hold the event. It's as good as any other reason!!! This could even help narrow down an organiser who would take it on!

So, there's a poll on this thread for card crafters to have a go at. I'm afraid it's a bit rough and ready, but I think it covers most of the UK. I've made it mainland only ...sorry! and please forgive me if I've missed off where you live ...I made it up as I went along.

Once we have an area we can narrow it down to county or whatever.

Can't wait to see where wins!!!

Please have a go - card crafters only please!

Regards.
    Fair Do
    Scotland
    8.70%
    Wales
    0.00%
    North West England
    30.43%
    North East England
    4.35%
    West Midlands
    13.04%
    East Midlands
    8.70%
    South West England
    0.00%
    South East England
    34.78%

The poll is expired.

Fair Do's!

I can't vote in your poll cos I don't do cards but can I just point out that whenever I see one of these I'm always unsure which area I live in.

Sounds a bit daft but I live in South Yorkshire. I don't come into the midlands cos I'm too high up. I'm not in the north east or west cos they generally cover Newcastle/Middlesborough (and others) and the west covers Lancashire and Cumbria. Most of Yorkshire is very central so I just never know which category I fit into.

I've also been told that Barnsley, South Yorkshire is actually the geographical center of England - however I'm open to correction on that cos its just what I've been told.

Can anyone help out a very confused ditzy (not dumb!) blonde from the biggest county in England?

Last edited by auntynet; 30-07-2008, 10:27 PM.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Does this help Aunty, regions according to Wikki.
      List of regions

1. East Midlands
      2. East of England
      3. London
      4. North East
      5. North West
      6. South East
      7. South West
      8. West Midlands
      9. Yorkshire and the Humber
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Yay!!!! At least Wikki recognises us Yorkies.
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Looks like the South East so far!!!

Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Can I put in a vote for East Anglia?!

Gemstar

Comment

Noted Gemstar!

It was just a quick chop up of the country really to get a sense of where the cardies are.

NW and SE neck and neck eh!!

Keep 'em comin'

Cheers
              Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

With two days left of the poll it looks like we might have to run two events!!! I know ...I'm getting carried away.

But I do wonder if there are any organisers out there that would consider taking the idea on ...as a guide, based in the two leading areas maybe?

Please keep voting ...the more votes we get, the more accurate the info will be.

Regards.
                Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                  I've also been told that Barnsley, South Yorkshire is actually the geographical center of England - however I'm open to correction on that cos its just what I've been told.

Can anyone help out a very confused ditzy (not dumb!) blonde from the biggest county in England?

In fact Meriden, Warwickshire was measured by the Romans to be the geographical centre of England - there is even a 500year old pillar to mark the spot. Recently the OS people measured the geographical centre and it turned out to be on a farm in Leicestershire, so accounting for erosion of the coast over the years and also deposition of sediment on beaches the Romans weren't too far off on their calculations. To be precise, it puts the centre at grid reference SP 36373.66 96143.05 hope this clarifies things!
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I have to disagree with you there, I've been told many times by both my father in law and his brother that WOOLHOPE in Herefordshire is not only the centre of England but of the Universe too!!! The uncle has a T shirt printed 'Ask me anything, I'm from Woolhope'...
                    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

South East it is then!

I will start another poll for the counties in SE.

Thanks for all the votes!

Regards.
                      Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Working...
                      X