Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very novice possible craft fair organiser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very novice possible craft fair organiser.

I have been asked to organise a small craft fair some time in November, I would imagine there would be room for 20 or so tables and it would probably run from 10 am to 3.30 pm.
    I know absolutely nothing about doing this except advertising is so very important.
    How much for a table
    What facilities would crafters need (Apart from loos and beverages)
    There is plenty of street parking available near the venue which is in town - just.

Please advise me all you organisers and crafters so I can make a decision whether to go ahead or not.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Hi Carol, insurance on the venue is essential I think and then I guess that dictates your table prices a bit. The one at the Benn is £30 a table but obviously a pretty big venue and well known. Most halls (I use the word loosley) charge approx £10 to £15 per table as an average. I can be there if you are looking for crafters but not on Saturdays as you know I have to work Hope this helps a bit, Selina

Comment

Hi, I'm nearby too (and can do Saturdays!!) , I make jewellery. Happy to support. One essential is to make sure you publicise the fair locally - local press, posters etc.
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Hi Carol,
        Some people would want access to a power socket for lighting etc. I once had someone ask if they'd be able to power their mini fridge so their handmade chocolate didn't melt.

If you organise it I can add to my events database if you like to help with advertising - there's no charge.
        Gail.
        http://www.stallfinder.com
        Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

Hiya!

Im a jewellery person too and would also be happy to support you and have a table.
          I usually pay frpm 10 up to 20 pounds.

Some organisers offer hot drinks, one offered a small buffet lunch! Most I have used advertise newspapers, radio, send crafters flyers to put up around their area

Hope that helps a little

Please keep me in mind if you go ahead
          Thanks
          Emma
          xxx
          With love
          Em
          xx

www.pixiedoodles.co.uk
          www.facebook.com/pixiedoodles1
          http://twitter.com/ pixiedoodles

Comment

Thanks one and all. Insurance - As it is in the big room at Claremont - Betts Hall I imagine insurance is already in place, they also have their own cafe. Power points - I will have to check. They have their own crafts so would want a couple of tables, knitting and painting - quite good too.
            I will go back to thge Manager on Monday and put all your points and see what we can come up with.
            I do appreciate your help and if there is anything forgotten please let me know.
            I will post again next week.
            Carol

Comment

I would definitely be interested in a stall. I think everyone has covered the requirements, I only need a table!
              Cathy xx
              http://folksy.com/shops/Cathy
              http://www.recycledbaglady.co.uk/
              http://owlfamilydiary.blogspot.com/
              I don't have a short attention span, I ... Ooh look, there's a chicken!

Comment

It looks like the Craft Fair could be a 'goer'. I have lodged my proposals with the Manager who was keen. Suggested time is late October, definately a Saturday. It will either be small with 16 tables in one room or much larger with 29/30 tables and spread over 3 or 4 rooms. I am to have a meeting with them next Tuesday. I will post info as I get it.
                Carol

Comment

Just to let you know Carol that the one at the Benn Hall is on Sunday 26th Oct, thought I'd let you know in case you want to try and avoid the 25th, it could be a case of 'too much of a good thing' all in one weekend! Selina

Comment

Hi Carol,

I know I'm another jewellery bod, but if you do have room for anymore, I'd definately be interested in coming to the fair. I also make some hair accessories as well as my glass beaded & polymer clay jewellery.

I'm only about 20 mins from Rugby - I'd also be more than happy to help with advertising etc - I have a couple of contacts at local papers who may be able to put a free ad in for the fair.

Claire
                    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

hey there

i would be interested too! I make handbags and accessories. Maybe you will get enough interest to make it a large one! I agree with what the other guys said, depending on how large it is £20 is about right for a table. Although i am going to one in nov and have paid £48 so i hope i will sell something!
                      Dee x
                      Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                      Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                      Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                        Just to let you know Carol that the one at the Benn Hall is on Sunday 26th Oct, thought I'd let you know in case you want to try and avoid the 25th, it could be a case of 'too much of a good thing' all in one weekend! Selina
                        Thanks Selina - OK it will probably be before that one then
                        Carol

Comment

Thanks everyhone, Keep volunteering, I might have a lot of tables to fill.
                          But It would be nice to have a nice big variety - that would be fair to everyone.
                          Carol

Comment

I have PM'd you
                            Hugs
                            Nicky

Comment

Originally posted by nickyb View Post
                              I have PM'd you
                              Hugs
                              Nicky
                              Got your PM Thanks for your interest and will get back to you all later.
                              Carol

Comment

Working...
                              X