Craft Exhibitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Exhibitors

Are you in the Hampshire/Surrey and Sussex borders area? I am looking at the feasibility of holding craft fairs on a monthly basis, but need to fill any prospective hall with stallholders. The costs would be worked out to a minimum, such as rent etc + advertising divided by number of stallholders. I do not intend to make much profit on this apart from my basic time. I work in the Vintage/shabby Chic style and have off shoots of this in oriental, native american indian, egyptian, floral - jewellery, cards and accessories and my own clothes designs, so obviously would not want to duplicate on this theme. If you are interested pm me along with the cost you would be prepared to pay and I will consider further. If there is anyone local to me who would be willing to cop-operative on this sheme, again I would like to hear from you.
    Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 26-07-2008, 05:07 PM.

Hi there: I'm in the process of opening a new art/craft shop in Tadley, Hampshire - a little bit out of your area - but have been in contact with lots of crafters so know that there are plenty about. Trouble is, most of them seem to do jewellery so you could find it a bit tricky if you don't want any competition!
    Having said that, I'd be happy to send out any info to the sellers on my data-base if you do get your monthly shows up and running, I'm sure there would be some interest. Tables in our area seem to go for around £20 a time if that's any help.
    www.doodlesartandcraft.co.uk

Find us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...y/173605348873

Crafters DON'T do housework!

Comment

Just wondered if there was any response to this.

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
      I work in the Vintage/shabby Chic style and have off shoots of this in oriental, native american indian, egyptian, floral - jewellery, cards and accessories and my own clothes designs, so obviously would not want to duplicate on this theme.
      Is it just me or do you seem to have it all covered?
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

yeah I wondered about that....

I do a lot of various crafts myself and am in North London and would be prepared to travel, although I do do some shabby chic stuff and a little bit of jewellery and cards and sewing, so I guess I would be competition
        Last edited by flurogoddess; 29-07-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

hey i'm always interested in doing craft fairs..but all depends on the price of the stall
          i make jewellery, but the majority of it i guess is more 'teenage' stuff, though i've started working on more sophisticated things now. you could always check it out and see if its the right kind of stuff.
          where abouts in surrey you thinking?
          xx

Comment

I'm in Guildford

hi there, I'm in Guildford & I make cards & wax melts. Let me know how it goes cost wise & venue wise if you can, cheers.
            My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Craft Fairs

I am certainly not averse to competition but would not want the whole hall filled with jewellery and cards, having done a lot of fairs and listened to the buying public, it seems that people want a variety of good quality crafts to choose from. Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of card makers and jewellery makers out there and to label all the same would be unfair. Each crafter would be taken on there own merit as Fair Do writes in the next post, some fair organisers write people off once they mention cards and jewellery, wihtout seeing the product, which could be totally different from the norm.
              I will keep a post here as to my progress, but may consider waiting until next year in the Spring, when more halls are available.

Comment

Working...
              X