Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas on setting up a craft stall please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas on setting up a craft stall please!

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a big show in November and have got a 2m x 2m shell stand with 3 walls! I was wondering what would be the best way to maximise the space I have and it's selling potential.

I could have a table across the front of the stand near the walk way and stand behind my table and sell my goods BUT would this mean a lot of wasted space behind me?
    OR
    I could have a table down the side and one at the back and encourage people to come into my stall to have a look around. BUT would people feel intimidated coming into a stall?

I wondered what people's thoughts and experiences were on this......I can see benefits and disadvantages for both ways.

Thanks
    Rachie

I would go with the second option to try and draw people in. Hopefully this would also give them a 'quiet area' to browse. You can still sit behind the table at the rear to leave an area for the customer to walk around in.

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Hi,
      In my experience people do not like to walk in to a stand so I would have the table at the fount.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you make. If you can have a few select pieces displayed on the wall behind you, if your items are very small, take some photos and have the printed to A3 to put up.

Also having some photos of you working making your items on display.

There is a very good thread on here somewhere about stand design and about being customer orientated.

Another idea would be to tape out the exact area on the floor to see how much you will have to work with, its always smaller than you think!! Also by doing this you can explore layouts.

I hope this helps.... by the way which event are you going to do?

Comment

I am going to confuse you further by suggesting having the table across the middle a bit like Fl then you can use the space on the left and right in front of the table to pin things on and people can look at them close up. You will also not be blocking the walkway if people stop to browse and they will not feel as if they are in the way of people walking past. It will also give the impression that the are not actually walking into a stall.
        You will be able to stand behind the table and keep your till, chair, packaging and extra supplies out of the way.

Melanie

Comment

Thanks everyone, some things for me to think about here. I make jewellery, so want to keep an eye on what I have. The idea about big pictures is good and i'll definitely do that.

Think i'll have to clear a space somewhere and have a try out as suggested..........maybe i'll rope in a few friends and see what they would be comfortable with if they were customers.

I've never done anything this big before so how much stock is a guessing game too!

Thanks again
          Rachie

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
            I am going to confuse you further by suggesting having the table across the middle a bit like Fl then you can use the space on the left and right in front of the table to pin things on and people can look at them close up. You will also not be blocking the walkway if people stop to browse and they will not feel as if they are in the way of people walking past. It will also give the impression that the are not actually walking into a stall.
            You will be able to stand behind the table and keep your till, chair, packaging and extra supplies out of the way.

Melanie
            That's pretty much what I was trying to say but Melanie has put it much better than my feeble ramblings!

Si.
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

I have done quite a few of these large shell fitted stand shows (in a previous life I used to market a large wedding venue). My advice would be to have a small display table set to one side along the front (say 1/4 of the size of the length of the stand) then run your other tables down one side and along the back this means you can move in and out easily as can customers. Also make good use of your wall space.

Take chairs for people to sit down and try your stuff on. A bowl of sweets or a vase of flowers can do wonders to draw people to your stand. Have plenty of flyers or business cards to hand out. Hide your stock, bags, everything, away under tables cloths etc. so as not to clutter up your space.

Hope some of this helps.
              by Nicki
              www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

Working...
              X