Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too small I think was the problem

Hi

Just my feelings on the subject of craft fairs.

I used to run a craft workshop, we were bookbinders but we also made a nice range of leather stationery.

We did all the local craft fairs that summer and came away feeling it was a bit of a loss.

However, much further on down the line as it were, I can see that we should have done the larger craft fairs, for exposure and better sales.

Richard
    For DIY gilding and antique finishes to gold leaf.
    For the esoteric & unusual in bookbinding

I do agree -I had a market stall for years (Not quite a craft fair I do agree but similar practices etc.,) and always found that we did much better regularly working the big markets than the small town ones. Apart from the big exposure thing, the public mentally connect big market, full stall exposure and all that face value stuff with safety and reliability and worthy recipients of their cash. We found this was not so in the small market towns.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I did my first craft fair in June and made nearly nothing. But at a local village fete I did recently, I did really well plus I got invited to more craft fairs, got a booking for a brownie jewellery party and to have a stall at brownies meetings, plus I got a few calls afterwards from people who visited my stall who wanted something custom made. Just my experience.

I still need to do more craft fairs, but I think village fetes are definitely the way forward for me.
      Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
      http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
      http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

It does, of course, depend on what you are selling - cards are small and personal so would go in a smaller friendly atmosphere. (Sounds like I am batting from both ends of the wicket doesn't it). I was basing it on what I was selling which was Pet Food and equipment. Ideally it would be wonderful if you could all make a fortune, sadly thats not going to happen no matter how hard you work.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
        X