Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craft Fairs in South West (Bristol/Somerset)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fairs in South West (Bristol/Somerset)

Hi All,

I'm a newbie - joined today!

I want to sell my jewellery & Accessories in Craft Fairs but I don't know of any in the Bristol/Somerset area. Is there a directory anywhere? How do you find out where they are? or do you know of any?

Soo many questions.... How much does it cost generally for a stall at a craft fair?

thanks in advance.

Anita xx

aboard!

Hope you enjoy your time on the Forum. The best person for you to speak to re: fairs in the areas concerned would probably be Jules from Apple Tree Crafts. Or possibly DebsB for her Lacock events.

Prices can vary depending on location/size/type of event.

Must dash... shopping had just arrived!

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Hi and

As Si said contact Jules at Apple Tree (I am doing my 1st fair with them on Sunday) and Debs. Both are really friendly and very helpful.

you can sign up with Jules for email updates when they have booked new fairs but not sure if Debs offers this although she will keep your details on record.

Just a tip as a fellow jewellery maker all of the decent show organisers will limit the number of each craft so not to be over run with just one craft and jewellery spaces always go first so if you want a space you need to be fast.

For example I have tried to book local Xmas fairs this week and they are either totally sold out or cannot take any more jewellery and I thought 7 months in advance would be plenty of time!
      www.sparklehandmadejewellery.co.uk

Comment

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Yep, I agree with the others, contact Jules at Apple Tree Crafts - her webpage is linked on the right of this forum too.

Apart from that, do lots of googling! There's a few fair finder websites out there.

You could also try contacting your local town council, as this is the time of year for fetes, and they are often looking for trade stalls.

Good luck, and hope to see you at a fair soon! :-)
        www.purplesparkle.co.uk
        http://purplesparklecrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I book my fairs in january & february for the whole year so you need to get in early. When im interested in a new craft fair i go & have a look at it first, then if i like what i see i talk to the organiser, & they put me on their waiting list, if they get a cancellation then they contact me. I also take samples of my work or photographs so they can see what i do.

When you start doing craft fairs, you will get to know by word of mouth which fairs the other craft workers are doing, & also the good & bad ones.

To find craft fairs look in your local paper each week.

Prices can vary between £15 for a 6ft table up to £150 for a 12ft table.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Also try.....

.....Cleve Rugby Club!

Contact Karen Perrott here:

[email protected]

They have a Family Fun Day at Cleve RFC, Mangotsfield, Bristol on Saturday 19th July 2008.

And a Christmas Market on Friday 12 December 2008.

Karen contacted me and asked me to pass on her details.....

Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts
            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by atomicflump.co.uk View Post
              Hi All,

I'm a newbie - joined today!

I want to sell my jewellery & Accessories in Craft Fairs but I don't know of any in the Bristol/Somerset area. Is there a directory anywhere? How do you find out where they are? or do you know of any?

Soo many questions.... How much does it cost generally for a stall at a craft fair?

thanks in advance.

Anita xx

Hi Anita ,

We are at current sorting a venue in Bristol for a reguler monthly craft fair on a large scale ,please i you could send your details to [email protected] and a soon as we have details we will be in contact

Dave & Julie

Comment

re crafters

hi i am a crafter and i have started organising my own events as tables are getting so expensive that hardly any money can be made anymore, i am doing an event on saturday 7th april at the old ship aground pub in minehead somerset, and i dont charge for tables, yes thats right tables are FREE!!! so if you are just starting out get in touch xxx

Comment

email me reagrding my free tables events [email protected] or tele 07568 093095

Comment

hello anita
                    would you like to come to our dog show and craft fair event on sunday 27th may at ashton court bristol?
                    it will cost £15 with all money going to guide dogs for the blind.
                    sunday 27th may at ashton court bristol 11am-4pm
                    please contact me
                    [email protected]

Comment

DOG SHOW AND CRAFT FAIR
                      would you like a stall at our event. it will cost £15 with all money going to guide dogs for the blind.
                      sunday 27th may at ashton court bristol
                      please contact me
                      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X