Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i find out bout doing craft fairs in suffolk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i find out bout doing craft fairs in suffolk?

hi i make handcrafted cards and would love to sell at craft shows does any1 know how i can find out about them in this area? xxx zoe

Hi Zoe,

Welcome to the forum!

There are lots on people on here from Suffolk, so people always post about fairs they know of.

Look in the local papers and she if anyone is organising one you could attend.

you may also want to write to schools to see if they have any events you could attend.

I always look on other peoples websites and see if there are any fairs they attend that I might like to go to.

Hope this helps.

Lou
    A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

Hi Zoe

Welcome to the forum

I think Lou's suggestion of contacting local schools is well worth a try and also your local community and parish councils too. These places don't tend to charge too much for a table so are a good bet. Some will have their own websites that they advertise events and things on - I know my local primary school does so it could be worth Googling them.

You could also try some of the more professionally organised fairs but they tend to be more pricey, try www.craft-fair.co.uk to see what's around.

Not sure where in Suffolk you are but most of the fairs I'm booked into this year are over in Cambridgeshire cos I'm on the border but I know we've got members here that are Ipswich way too who may be able to help you.

If you have any more questions ask away and one of us will help I'm sure
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi Zoe and welcome
        I'm in suffolk too, ipswich to be precise
        i havent had much luck in finding fairs to do, but then i dont think i'm at that stage yet
        I also agree about schools, but also local playgroups and churches often hold fairs or events that might be worth doing. a church near me did a pamper evening recently that had stalls with jewellery etc.
        if i hear of anything i'll let you know

whereabouts are you btw?

Lois x

Comment

My name is Steve I am taking over the Swan Public House Clare, Suffolk. on 4th august. I have a large rear grassy area that I am going to use for Craft Fairs etc. I intend to hold the first one on Sunday 24th August. You can contact me on [MOD edit - please PM Steve instead]. I intend to charge only a small fee for stall holders and can hold, I reckon about 25 stalls.
          Last edited by nattynetty; 11-07-2008, 10:56 AM. Reason: Hi Steve, I've removed your email addy etc otherwise you'll get a mailbox full of spam

Comment

Hi, I know you posted this message back in the summer, but i've just started up a handmade jewellery business and am looking for local craft fairs to attend. I haven't had much luck until i saw your post. Are you planning to hold any in the near future??? I live in Haverhill so Clare would be perfect for me. If you could reply to this thread that would be great. Hope to hear from you soon

Comment

Originally posted by Ostarashaz View Post
              Hi, I know you posted this message back in the summer, but i've just started up a handmade jewellery business and am looking for local craft fairs to attend. I haven't had much luck until i saw your post. Are you planning to hold any in the near future??? I live in Haverhill so Clare would be perfect for me. If you could reply to this thread that would be great. Hope to hear from you soon
              Not sure how often Steve checks this forum - you might be better off sending him a PM or even asking in person if you happen to be popping into Clare in the near future
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi,

We're putting on a winter craft fair in Walpole, near Halesworth on Sat 13th - Sun 14th Nov 2010. We've got a large barn on a farm. We ran one in the summer and had a fine collection of hand crafted work by mainly local artists. If anyone's interested in having a stall please let me know, and also please pass this information on to anyone who may be interested. And... please come along!

Comment

Hi pcrozer
                  I was just reading about your craft fair you will be holding in walpole. I am interested in having a stall and just wondered if you could give me an idea of the type of hand crafted work that has been there before. I make some handmade cards, bracelets and small bits and bobs so i don't know if this is the sort of thing that you normally have at the fair.
                  Thankyou!

Comment

I'm hosting a alternative goth fetish fair 4th Dec at the waterfront in Norwich if anyone is interested

Comment

Pamper at the pub- Ladies indulgence evening

We are holding an indulgence evening at The Brantham Bull, Manningtree on fri 18th March from 6.30pm
                      As well as taster treatments we are looking for stall holders sellinga nything which might appeal to ladies, Jewellery, make up, clothes handbags etc. As its 2 weeks before mothers day it might inspire some gift lists! We will charge a fee which will reduce if a raffle prize is donated. All Raffle money going to Breast Cancer Care. If you are interested and would like more details please PM me.
                      Debbie

Comment

im looking a setting a regular craft fair in ipswich if your interested please check the forum for details.
                        Yours IW Inspired
                        www.iwinspired.co.uk
                        IwInspired on Facebook
                        IwInspired on Twitter

Comment

Dear all,

If your reading this I am sure you are aware that their are few craft fairs available in Ipswich or Suffolk for that matter so I have been in discussion with the council and local market about holding a regular once a month event in the town square in Ipswich, this is likely to be the first Sunday of each month and will be Hand Crafted items only. Pitch fees will be low but you will need to supply your own table so I am here to compile a list of those interested. Details will be confirmed when we know if their is enough interest to run the event so please comment below to register you interest, supply your name contact details and details of your craft.

xoxo
                          Yours IW Inspired
                          www.iwinspired.co.uk
                          IwInspired on Facebook
                          IwInspired on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                          X