Looking for Craft Fairs in the North West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Craft Fairs in the North West

Hi everyone, I am looking for some good, regular craft fairs in the North West to attend. I am fairly new to all this so just finding my feet. If anyone on here can recommend any or point me in the right direction for places and ways to find them I would really appreciate it. I have attended a couple of local fairs at churches etc but they were more aimed at bring and buy, car boot style events.
    Happy Crafting
    Lynda

Hello Lynda, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there is no cohesive method for finding craft fairs in any particular part of the country, so it is mainly a matter of keeping your eyes and ears open.

Some suggestions:
    There is a web site called (I think) stallfinder.com (or .co.uk) for people looking for sellers and also sellers looking for events.
    There are numerous fb groups for organisers and stallholders for various selling events.
    Local newspapers/web sites/council sites - look in the "what's on" sections. Even if you see an event that you think is too late for you to get into, go along, get chatting to stallholders - most are very generous and if you tell them your situation they may give you information about who to contact/what events are on. If you can, track down the organiser of the event you're at and ask about attending future events - it may well turn out that they do regular events in all sorts of different places.
    Depending on what you make/sell look further afield than just craft fairs - local school fairs, church and village fetes. It is surprising what events have craft stalls (I do homemade preserves and I've done cat shows, scarecrow trails, garden fairs, open gardens, craft and vintage fairs, Christmas markets etc in the last 12 months).

PS Car boots and table top sales are no good for high quality crafters as buyers are looking for bargain prices knocked down to "it would be more viable to throw it in the bin than sell it for that!" prices.

Good luck with your search
    Linda

Comment

Hi Lynda, generally there are FB pages named something like “ Craft events, stall and fetes in....” then you add your area, county etc. I live in Shrops and there is one for there, everything from big events to smaller ones.

Dave.

Comment

Hi Lynda
        Not an exclusive craft fair, but there are regular 'the makers market' throughout the North West. They are artisan goods including crafts. google the makers market and you're bound to find one near you. Worth checking out, even for the amazing food on sale and live music! Each one has different stalls and atmospheres, so check out a few if you think it might be what you're looking for
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Lynda,

The North West is possibly one of the best places for craft/artisan events in the UK - loads of organisers, especially around Manchester. Some are very much exclusively maker/seller (and therefore smaller) events, others have a wider range of stalls with some larger regional producers involved.

Makers Markets and The Market Company are probably the two largest North West organisers. Makers cover Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire, Staffordshire, while Market Company covers mainly Cheshire with a few outlier events. These are outdoor markets, usually in a town high street, with street food, crafts, food etc all on offer. Expect to pay about £50 per day for a 3m x 1.5m pitch with a 6' table provided.

A good website to find events across the country (though lots of them are NW based) is Pedddle (pedddle.com) - this has most of the Makers/Market co events as well as lots of smaller or one-off organisers, and tries to stick to the higher quality events rather than the church/village hall table top sales.

Comment

Working...
          X