No announcement yet.

legalities of craft fair

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • legalities of craft fair

    Hi. I've read all posts on craft fairs but could someone tell me about forms, taxes, insurance e.t.c, that are needed. I thought i would be able to just go along and sell my stuff!!


  • #2
    LOL! thats exactly what I thought too! but no apparently somebody might stub a toe on your display table and sue you!!!!

    I dont actually know tho, so erm, i'm not really that helpful am I! lol

    someone who is in the know how will come along soon i'm sure!


    Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

    My bloggity blog

    My Etsy shop


    • #3
      Most craft fairs will want you to have insurance.
      Ian Wallace has been highly recommended on another forum the basic insurance is around £70 a year. Which covers craft fairs and home parties.
      there is also who do a craft starter policy.

      As for tax you will have to declare your earnings like any other part time job but you will be able to off-set any profit with the set-up costs. Tools, findings and beads. Just remember to keep the receipts or print out the ebay invoices.

      Last edited by silvermaid; 24-04-2008, 01:50 AM.


      • #4
        I got my insurance through a recommendation on the forum. Think it was with the Market traders association and cost £47 I think, Selina


        • #5
          Try these...£47 for the year

          Combined Market Traders Insurance Association......
          Jules x


          • #6
            on an insurance note mine is done by a company called liability guard uk at 7 a month, but does anyone know if there is a place to get product insurance, i do 2 day shows and wondered what you needed to insure stock.

            Also on a tax note im registered self employed so its taken care of, if your only doing 1 - 2 shows a year and work full time i dont think you need to do anything, i seem to remember the tax man saying something about you need to earn so much before tax, Ring the inland revenue they really are helpful and not scary either


            • #7

              Try these...£47 for the year

              Combined Market Traders Insurance Association......

              .......includes product insurance.......
              jules x