legalities of craft fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legalities of craft fair

Hi. I've read all posts on craft fairs but could someone tell me about forms, taxes, insurance e.t.c, that are needed. I thought i would be able to just go along and sell my stuff!!

thanx

LOL! thats exactly what I thought too! but no apparently somebody might stub a toe on your display table and sue you!!!!

I dont actually know tho, so erm, i'm not really that helpful am I! lol

someone who is in the know how will come along soon i'm sure!

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Most craft fairs will want you to have insurance.
      Ian Wallace has been highly recommended on another forum http://www.craftinsurance.co.uk/ the basic insurance is around £70 a year. Which covers craft fairs and home parties.
      there is also
      http://www.gmisl.co.uk/CraftsInsure.html who do a craft starter policy.

As for tax you will have to declare your earnings like any other part time job but you will be able to off-set any profit with the set-up costs. Tools, findings and beads. Just remember to keep the receipts or print out the ebay invoices.

Melanie
      Last edited by silvermaid; 24-04-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I got my insurance through a recommendation on the forum. Think it was with the Market traders association and cost £47 I think, Selina

Comment

Try these...£47 for the year

Combined Market Traders Insurance Association......
          Jules x

Comment

on an insurance note mine is done by a company called liability guard uk at 7 a month, but does anyone know if there is a place to get product insurance, i do 2 day shows and wondered what you needed to insure stock.

Also on a tax note im registered self employed so its taken care of, if your only doing 1 - 2 shows a year and work full time i dont think you need to do anything, i seem to remember the tax man saying something about you need to earn so much before tax, Ring the inland revenue they really are helpful and not scary either

Comment

insurance

Try these...£47 for the year

Combined Market Traders Insurance Association......

.......includes product insurance.......
              jules x

Comment

Working...
              X