Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fair regulations

Hi
    I have exhibited my goods at the Exmouth craft show a few times and would be very interested in organising a summer and christmas show at the local school who have a hall for hire. Does anyone know what sort of administration would be needed ie insurance and actually selling items there. It would only be a smallish affair with probably 10 stall holders. Many thanks for any information.

Originally posted by linlizlou View Post
    Hi
    I have exhibited my goods at the Exmouth craft show a few times and would be very interested in organising a summer and christmas show at the local school who have a hall for hire. Does anyone know what sort of administration would be needed ie insurance and actually selling items there. It would only be a smallish affair with probably 10 stall holders. Many thanks for any information.
    I can't answer your query in full but I'm sure that someone such as Jules from Apple Tree Crafts will be able to explain the situation with public liability insurance for event organisers.

Best of luck,

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Hi Linlizlou - as always it would be nice to know how did the Exmouth Craft Show go and what crafts do you exhibit? As Woodtattoos has said Jules from Apple Tree Crafts arranges loads of Craft Fairs, she comes down as far as Exeter. I would say though that generally we have to have our own insurance.
      Annette

Comment

Originally posted by Annette View Post
        Hi Linlizlou - as always it would be nice to know how did the Exmouth Craft Show go and what crafts do you exhibit? As Woodtattoos has said Jules from Apple Tree Crafts arranges loads of Craft Fairs, she comes down as far as Exeter. I would say though that generally we have to have our own insurance.
        I know that we must have our own product/public liability as traders at craft fairs, but I'm also sure that the organisers must have their own public liability insurance in case someone gets injured at the event or has something happen to them that is not linked to an individual seller.

I'm sure Jules will pop along soon to clarify this!

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

I think you have to have your own (you cant rely on the fact the organisers 'might have'?)
          Mel

Comment

You will just need to ensure that any policy you have covers you as an organiser as well as an exhibitor.

Si.
            Wood Tattoos
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X