Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the organisers gone?

Hi All,

Just to say that I've had quite a few crafters requesting events info just lately ...which is great, but surprisingly not many organisers have sent details of their events (many thanks to the ones that have).

If I was still organising and was looking for stall holders I would make use of all resources available to me ...especially freebies! See how easy it is to get yourself listed at the website below.

Regards.
    Fair Do

Fair Do's!

maybe the fact its a freewebs.com site is putting people off. Could you not try and get the actual domain instead of freewebs which looks unprofessional?

no offence meant, but anything that is built on free set up will generally make people go elsewhere.

laura

Comment

It doesn't put me off being a freewebs site. If it is free then give it a try - does it matter what it is called. I think these days particularly there are more people using this type of site, but then I could be prejudiced as you will see from my address!!

Come on event organisers give them your listings and crafters check with them for events.
      Cynthia
      http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Organising Craft Fair

I am trying to arrange a craft fair in Uxbridge Middx so anyone interested please drop me a line. Since I work full time and we also care for Mum we only have weekends free really and was going to arrange this for a Saturday. I am on the first stages of securing venue so long way off yet but I am keeping a list of those interested.

Comment

RE

i built my website thru freewebs, it has no mention of freewebs when u pick your website name mine is featured below, although hubby has built it, its fairly easy from what i can make out. good luck
          MY WEBSITE
          www.crafty-cow.webs.com

my email
          [email protected]

Comment

Freewebs site

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments. It's always interesting to hear other peoples 'takes' on things that you are maybe too close to to see yourself.

To explain the Freewebs thing a bit (I'm no expert!). They are similar to MrSite in so much as they provide a free website building/hosting service in return for them being able to put adverts on your site.

You will notice that mine doesn't have adverts, which as you might guess means that I do actually pay for the service ...even though at the moment it still says 'freewebs' in the address as I have not yet registered the name as a domain in it's own right. This is something I intend to do eventually. I really wanted to just get a site up and running to see what people thought of the idea.

So I'm guessing, mandamoo, that you have registered your name ...and yes, it does give a more professional look ...but please bear with me for now!

Regards.
            Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Hi Fair do,
              i just checked and ukcfis .com and .co.uk are available now. As you have your name out there for eberyone to know you may be best to register the domain now, even if yuo dont intend to do anything with it just yet - at least you can own it. Otherwise someone else may easily regiester it and you will need to find a new name.

laura

Comment

Just to say that MrSite websites are not free - I have 2 sites from them so I know. You have to pay an initial fee which includes your domain name registration and then every year you pay the renewal fee. Also, there are no adverts placed on your site.
                Bren
                www.digby-bears.co.uk

Comment

Thanks lauraj ...I'll look into it.

Regards.
                  Fair Do

Fair Do's!

Comment

Working...
                  X