craft fairs/country fairs/traction rallies in Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craft fairs/country fairs/traction rallies in Yorkshire

Does anyone know of any really good craft fairs in west yorkshire or any fairs that are really busy and good to sell at. I am also thinking about the country fairs, traction rallies and things. Any ideas

Thanks

Helen
    Helen Broadheads Designs
    http://www.helenbroadhead.co.uk

I think it's all a case of how much you're prepared to pay Helen. I've done my apprenticeship with the £45 a table gang, and realised it was expensive advertising! For £15 I have a stall on Wakefield Sunday market (laughingly called a car boot!) and get more people through than any craft fair I've done - lower prices though. Most of the common venues seem to centre around Harrogate, but for the size of your stuff I'd be looking at country fairs etc. I've just signed up with 'Made in Yorkshire' to do the Great Yorkshire Show, but they have plenty of other venues - big venues, but the expense could be worth it. http://www.madeinyorkshire.org.uk

Comment

I never done a country show before, but have looked into the Yorkshire Show and Otley show too. I have done large craft fairs, but to be honest they dont seem good value for money. They have lots of visitors, but the craft fairs are so expensive (I was paying £50 for a 6ft table) I never got a good return.
      The made in Yorkshire website isnt very clear. Do you have to pay to join them, or do you only pay for your stall?
      I would very much interested in doing some bigger country fairs this year. I do sell smaller things too, which I would take along, but if you could give me any more info I would really appreciate it! :-)

Helen x
      Helen Broadheads Designs
      http://www.helenbroadhead.co.uk

Comment

I agree, not the easiest site. You have to download 3 forms (PDF) registration, booking, and another one - I've forgotten! It sound expensive - I'm paying £264 for the Yorkshire show - but that's for 3 days, and I'm assured by other people I've spoken to that it's pretty good for a country show. I'm not advertising, they could turn out to be a non starter, but so far they've been very helpful as I've never done anything this big before. It's always hit and miss at craft fairs - in my old business I did Harewood House christmas show, and just about made the stall rent, went to Garforth Hilton in August and sold out! You can't tell how people are going to be on the day. :roll:

Comment

Hi,
          I used to live in Ripon and there is a big steam rally/traction engine thing in Masham during the summer. I've seen stalls there but I'm not sure what they were - it was a longtime ago that I went! It does get very busy though as it's prime tourist country round there.

Hopefully this will help - goos luck with the other fairs

Lynsey
          Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
          My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
          My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Try This site for looking for local events its really good

http://www.visitnortheastengland.co....categoryid=106

Hope this works for you.
            Deb
            Karisma Kandles
            www.karismakandles.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
              I agree, not the easiest site. You have to download 3 forms (PDF) registration, booking, and another one - I've forgotten! It sound expensive - I'm paying £264 for the Yorkshire show - but that's for 3 days, and I'm assured by other people I've spoken to that it's pretty good for a country show. I'm not advertising, they could turn out to be a non starter, but so far they've been very helpful as I've never done anything this big before. It's always hit and miss at craft fairs - in my old business I did Harewood House christmas show, and just about made the stall rent, went to Garforth Hilton in August and sold out! You can't tell how people are going to be on the day. :roll:
              Hi Peter.

I had a look at your profile, couldnt see much, what is it you do? and which fair was it you went to at Garforth? Sorry to be nosy but I've enquired at the Hilton and haven't got any response.
              Hils
              Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

It was two years ago...................things change.

Comment

www.yorkshirefairs.co.uk do fairs around north, west and east yorkshire. They are quite busy and reasonably priced. Have a look at their website. I've not actually done one but I have just booked some dates for next year.
                  Yvonne
                  x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                  My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Yvonne. I've tried them before but they were full i'll try again now they have next years up. are you doing Riply town hall if so i'll not bother, cos theres too many jewellery sometimes. Hils
                    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Hi Hils,

I've booked Ripley for 16th August.

I tried booking some Christmas ones for this year back in May/June time and was told they were fully booked for jewellery stalls. But I'm hoping I've got in fast enough for 2009 ones!

Good luck!
                      Yvonne
                      x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                      My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

I booked a table with yorkshire crafts for the Guisborough Town fair in June. It was great they said that there were approx 4,000 visitors that day. The fair is held at Guisborough Hall, there a carousel, the Army had their climbing wall, local groups had cake stalls etc it was really well organised. The craft fair was inside the hotel in the conference room.

We had a really good day. All I will say is that there were a few at the craft fair who hadn't made the items they were selling, it was obvious they had bought them in and had made no effort themselves. This annoyed me and few sellers who were sat near me. I think nowadays you come across this all the time.

Overall, it was a good day! Would book again!
                        Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
                        Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
                        Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sillyoldbear View Post
                          I booked a table with yorkshire crafts for the Guisborough Town fair in June. It was great they said that there were approx 4,000 visitors that day. The fair is held at Guisborough Hall, there a carousel, the Army had their climbing wall, local groups had cake stalls etc it was really well organised. The craft fair was inside the hotel in the conference room.

We had a really good day. All I will say is that there were a few at the craft fair who hadn't made the items they were selling, it was obvious they had bought them in and had made no effort themselves. This annoyed me and few sellers who were sat near me. I think nowadays you come across this all the time.

Overall, it was a good day! Would book again!

Hi glad you had a good day, just out of curiosity where is Guisborough Hall?

Comment

Originally posted by mymiyel View Post
                            Hi Hils,

I've booked Ripley for 16th August.

I tried booking some Christmas ones for this year back in May/June time and was told they were fully booked for jewellery stalls. But I'm hoping I've got in fast enough for 2009 ones!

Good luck!
                            hehe...me to only I enquired in March. and was told to book as soon as they came out. so i am.

Hils

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac Moon Designs View Post
                              Hi glad you had a good day, just out of curiosity where is Guisborough Hall?
                              Guisborough Hall is just out of the village centre, it's on Whitby Road if that means anything to you!

Sharon
                              Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
                              Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
                              Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X