Tesla Fair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Fair!

There's a Tesla Fair coming up in July, in Austin - that's kind of a new twist - it's more of an invention and crafts fair...my husband and son are going to have a table! I might throw in some soap...

Is that Telsa as in "only 24 hours from"?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Wasn't that 24 hours from Tulsa?????? if you're thinking of Gene Pitney (showing my age again!!!)

In which case what is a tesla fair???? sounds interesting
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
        Wasn't that 24 hours from Tulsa?????? if you're thinking of Gene Pitney (showing my age again!!!)

In which case what is a tesla fair???? sounds interesting

Alright, clever cloggs

It was Tulsa - just testing you!!!!

Went to see Gene Pitney in Derby back in 19---- a long time ago.

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Tesla

ah yes, Gene Pitney... =)

Nikola Tesla...the amazing inventor...you can read about it here --

http://www.frugalmedia.com/

My husband and son have been IN to inventing and re-inventing for many many years - they were involved with homeschool robotics through the U of TX and National Instruments, they fly, make and redesign radio controlled airplanes, my son is "mega - in" to modifying Nerf Guns - it's a big deal on the internet, and he even designs and makes his own from scratch, and he has made two computers from the ground up...now my husband's cigar box guitars are so awesome, and he's going to be selling them there - they are NOT just strings on a box, they have electrical components...sound fantastic...my son used to make little catapults (not slingshots, but the kind used in war in Medieval times and LOtR) and now he's making his own bows (not the arrows yet) and crossbows...this fair should be right up their alley!

Have you ever heard of Maker Fayre? It's a big thing in the US. Really neat!

You should have seen the walls in my son's room when he was little - he had string zigzagging all over the place so he could turn on his overhead light from anywhere, any angle...

And I can't seem to come up with a decent looking cigar box for potpourri, or anything...but I have fun dreaming and planning, and attempting!

Comment

Hi !

What a brilliant thread and one that brings back memories. I went to Austin a few years ago and one evening went to the street with all the bars on (6th street maybe ?). Anyway, they had a craft fair all along this street and had some brilliant things !

I was blown away by one lad who was spray painting space pictures and people were buying them faster than he could make them ! I would love to know if he is still making those pictures.
            Preserving your items and memories in Handmade custom jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Comment

Tesla

Yes, 6th Street with all the bars and celebrations of anything and everything, and at the west end - the Pecan Street Festival...there are festivals, farmer's markets and fairs all over Austin all year long.
              Major and minor, but always something!

Comment

Working...
              X