Craft fairs in Poland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fairs in Poland?

I have been invited to stay at a friend's house in Poland for a few weeks in the summer, and I was just wondering, are there any craft fair type things in Poland?

x
    Proprietor at www.molieredesign.com
    Bespoke wedding clothing creations

Twitter - @molieredesign
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/molieredesign

I'd ask your friend to do a bit of research for you in the areas around her home.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

that's an interesting one! I am visiting my niece in Warsaw soon,maybe she'll know and I can pass on the info
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

From what I can gather from Polish friends of mine crafting is an everyday thing for them, mostly out of necessity. So maybe not so many Craft Fairs as such, they would sell their wares on an ordinary market.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I am from Poland and I know there is not much happening there like craft fairs... but often selling events at student days or in bigger cities as Warsaw or Cracow you can find special markets with only handmade and there are places where you can go regularly and buy things from local traders as markets I can advice Zakopane (but is expensive I think)

but there is a lot of on-line polish shops where you can buy only handmade and original arts and crafts (I would say even more than UK and they exist on the online market much longer than Folksy or misi and others here)

what actually you looking for? and what area? I can ask...
          blog
          website
          etsy shop
          folksy shop
          twitter

Comment

Just anything really to sell my clothing at! My friend recommended the site allegro or allegero, she has an account there, and said Polish people just love stuff like that. I was looking around it last night . . . it seemed quite good, other than my Polish being so limited at the moment (I only started learning it about a month and a half ago, I know some colours and fruit, TRUSKAWKA!).

Her friends are starting to order stuff, and she's flying out in February, so that will bring some money in!
            Proprietor at www.molieredesign.com
            Bespoke wedding clothing creations

Twitter - @molieredesign
            Facebook - www.facebook.com/molieredesign

Comment

Austin Texas

http://www.firstthursday.info/

Great craft selling in Austin!!

Comment

If youre in Poland during the summer I recommend st. Dominic Fair (Jarmark św. Dominika) in Gdansk (Baltic coast). The fair last for about 2-3 weeks (mostly its 2 first weeks of August).
                I think that both - the city and the fair are worth to visit
                Karioka
                you can view my handcrafted jewellery on my blog

Comment

I am afraid this thread is nearly 3 years old so info prob. out of date.
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X