Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Retardant Varnish on Decoupage

Hi

I'm decoupaging some old bottles which I want to use as candle holders. The final part involves painting the bottle/artwork with acrylic varnish. As these are going to be candles, I'm concerned about fire proofing them. Do I need to add an addtional coat of some kind of fire retardant spray and if so, can anyone recommend one. Perhaps I'm being over cautious but better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks

George

Hi George, I did decoupage for years, the 3d variety but fire resistance never came into it, I used Daler Rowney paper varnish which, by the smell of the fumes from it would have gone up in a flash....have you tried the search facility, it also shows like type questions and answers...

Dave.

Comment

Would one of the varieties of Mod Podge work? They do all sorts and one is a sealer. Don't think they are flammable.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/yo...e-to-mod-podge

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
        Hi George, I did decoupage for years, the 3d variety but fire resistance never came into it, I used Daler Rowney paper varnish which, by the smell of the fumes from it would have gone up in a flash....have you tried the search facility, it also shows like type questions and answers...

Dave.
        Hi Dave

Ordinarily I wouldn't worry as I don't normally use varnish on my finished stuff. But as these are going to hold candles I was concerned about a fire risk. Thanks for your reply.

G

Comment

Working...
        X