How do you "mark" your crafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you "mark" your crafts?

I make teddy bears and though i dont yet sell them I would like to mark them so if/when i decide to sell people will know they are mine, i have an vague idea of what i could do but how do your mark your crafts? (it doesnt have to be bears).
    Charlie

I have stickers that links to my website. I place them on the back of every card I make so that the people who receive the card know how to find me. Maybe for your bears you could stitch on a little label?
    Lucy Blossom
    Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

I use embroidered labels for my items and think for your bears this would be best along with the CE labelling

Comment

I'd thought about a label I had stitch everything and thought trying to embroidery my company name might be a bit fiddly.

I'd also considered a little charm but again its getting my name on it.

or embroidering my name on its ribbon but again not sure how.
        Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
          I use embroidered labels for my items and think for your bears this would be best along with the CE labelling
          probably a silly question but if they are not sold as toys do i need CE labeling?
          Charlie

Comment

The best person to tell you about the ins and outs of 'toys' and 'non toys' is Natty Netty, hopefully she will see this thread. Selling anything that looks like a toy even though not I know is a minefield. Trading Standards will also advise you correctly as bears may be considered toys even though keepsakes as children do not know the difference.

Comment

I have just started hand-stamping on metal and now put a little silver heart with a dragonfly on it on most of my jewellery....If your bears are not toys can you not fix a card label (like the beanie hearts) on the ear or something? You could get a bespoke stamp made with your name and logo. Ideally thought an embroidered tag would be the best way to go....Google them as I am sure there are suppliers out there. xx
              Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Sticker on the back of the card, "made by 3d Dave"

Comment

You will need to meet various stringent criteria to not need CE compliance with teddy bears. A lot will depend on the price level you are selling them at, and where, how and to whom they are advertised and sold.

I would imagine that spe******t teddy bear forums would have current info available on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
                    The best person to tell you about the ins and outs of 'toys' and 'non toys' is Natty Netty,
                    Not me guv I'm guessing you're thinking of Karen (Beadsbydesign) as she's the one who's been known to set fire to sock monkeys all in the name of testing!
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Oops sorry knew it was one of you had turned into a pyromaniac and were well know to the fire brigade, lol
                      Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 01-10-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Well I read a comment the other day as I was wondering how to label my bags, someone said its quite expensive to get embroidered labels made or printed, but you can do it yourself with a PC just buy some paper which is iron on transfer paper and then set up your logo/name etc on your PC and print it off (you will need to flip the image) then you can iron it onto what ever fabric/ribbon etc that you prefer, completely bespoke! I have looked into the paper and Tescos seem to be the cheapest to do a test, havent actually given it a go yet so dont know how well it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenbrook View Post
                          Well I read a comment the other day as I was wondering how to label my bags, someone said its quite expensive to get embroidered labels made or printed, but you can do it yourself with a PC just buy some paper which is iron on transfer paper and then set up your logo/name etc on your PC and print it off (you will need to flip the image) then you can iron it onto what ever fabric/ribbon etc that you prefer, completely bespoke! I have looked into the paper and Tescos seem to be the cheapest to do a test, havent actually given it a go yet so dont know how well it works.
                          My sisters made some cushion covers for my mum, using a motif which they printed onto iron transfer paper.

Initially, the cushions looked fab. Over time, the image cracked and rubbed off the cushions. It won't withstand multiple washes or heavy wear.

The transfer leaves a slightly tacky unnatural feel. Any non printed areas will be white on your labels.

I have heard that you can buy fabric sheets that you can print on. That may work out better for you. Hopefully someone else will come along with some information about that.
                          Carol
                          Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
                          Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Printable fabric sheets are ... ok. Expensive, not really long-term, or reliably, washable/hard-wearing/light-fast, but good fun. Results will vary depending on the ink in your printer.
                            I've used this company with success.

For labelling your products you need something clear, simple, reproducible, reliable and cheap.

I don't think you can beat woven or embroidered labels for a quality look on most things textile.

I use these and these; I've been dealing with this company for some time and find their service excellent and their prices reasonable.

Just because something says 'school name tape' does not mean you can only have 'Mary Bloggs' on it; I have my business name and my mobile phone number on the one-line school name tapes, and more details on the two-line craft labels.

Comment

As a woodturner it is fairly easy to "brand" my stuff. The hardest part was coming up with the brand to use. As "The Bowler Hatted Turner" I decided to use a capital T with the B&H sheltering underneath the cross bar. Central on the crossbar is a bowler hat shape and the whole lot is within a circle. Once I have posted 25 times I will put it on here foe you to see. What I was getting at though was is it's very easy for me to replicate and I think if you were looking for an embroidery or sewing logo or brand you should first think how you are going to do it and how easy for you it will be.
                              I don't sew a lot these days, I used to hand sew the creases in trousers when I was in the forces for pin money, but if half a dozen stitches on a garment or a dot of wool woven on a jumper is easy to do I would just do it.
                              Regards
                              John BHT
                              Twitter:johnbaitken
                              Facebook:John Boyne-Aitken

Comment

Working...
                              X