Gluing lace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluing lace

Hello, I wonder if someone could give me some advice, please? I have a bog standard cream standard lampshade that I want to jazz up by gluing black lace over it - would ordinary fabric glue be suitable. If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Any fabric glue should work fine but you might like to make sure it dries clear, so it doesn't show through the lace. Glues from Beacon's are very good. A bit pricey but definitely worth the money. Have a look here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Inno...pr_product_top

Good luck!
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it” (William Bernbach)
    Asia King , find me on: My Blog, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, DT for Stampendous! Impressions,

Comment

Thank you! I will certainly give that a go

Comment

Hi. You can also get spray glue, which might be a good thing for this particular project.

Put your lace face down on some scrap paper and spray it, then apply to lampshade.

(Test on a sample bit first to see how much spray you need, and do in a WELL ventillated and covered area - the glue will get on everything!)

Comment

Working...
        X