No announcement yet.

Where are you all from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was born in Taxes, But I have been livin in the UK a very long time now, And I'm in Berkshire now.
    I craft there for I am
    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5184624

Comment

Well, where do I start?????? Born in Warrington in Lancs, brought up in Leicester, lived in S****horpe, Doncaster, Edinburgh, Hampshire, now my caravan has come to rest back in Leicester, on the outskirts not too far from Bradgate Park.

In my time I have been a knitter, sewer,embroiderer, cake maker, cross stitcher, patchwork and quilter, now a machine embroiderer making ring pillows..

I knitted and sewed when my children were small, trained as a chef and made wedding and birthday cakes, after a trip to the US I started cross stitch and then patchwork and quilting. I have just been able to buy my dream machine and am now combining quilting with machine embroidery and making ring pillows. Oh I almost forgot, I embroider inserts for card making too.....................
      http://community.webshots.com/user/a...host=community

Comment

Hi,
        I just joined the forum I'm in Penygroes, Near Caernarfon, North Wales.

I enjoy papercrafts of most kinds but especially love decoupage.

I have a craft shop in Penygroes as well as a web site and we also design and program software for crafting, between it all we keep pretty busy )

Lynn
        http://www.lynnr-papercrafts.co.uk

Comment

Hello..........I live in Embo,Dornoch Scotland.Its claim to fame is that Madonna married here.I have been in to UK for about 3 yrs,coming from Virginia U.S.I was a floral designer for 26 yrs.and then went on the southern craft show trail for about 4 yrs.I paint funiture (shabby chic ) and do a lot of sewn crafts. I also do a lot of Americana.When I first came to the U.K. I lived in County Durham and painted some funiture for dealers but not really gotten into much sence I came to Scotland. Am thinking of starting up again but really don't want to go the craft show route again. Would rather sell to shops and stay at home. Anyone have any ideas how I can go about marketing my wares? Things are so much diffrent here.I could go into a shop anywhere in Va and sell with no problem,but here when I can find a shop that looks like they may carry what I do they will not talk to me.Could use any ideas you may have.
          Neesey
          Shabby Neesey

Comment

Hi

I live in Northampton and I make silver and Semi precious gem jewellery.

Comment

Hi Neesey and
              I have friends in Virginia and have spent many a happy day going round some wonderful craft fairs over there Also I know what you mean about the shops, one friend owns a gift shop and last time I was over there she had some beautiful handcrafted stuff in there. If you look on the forum under the business section you'll find some discussions about getting your work into shops over here.
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I am from a small town outside Stockholm in Sweden, moved to Stockholm when I was 18 and have since then lived a few years in Amsterdam and Vienna. Now I live in Douglas - Isle of Man. Making silver jewelry. Want to learn how to mix in gold in my stuff and also enamel.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

--Helen
                http://www.youyours.se

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                  Hi Neesey and
                  I have friends in Virginia and have spent many a happy day going round some wonderful craft fairs over there Also I know what you mean about the shops, one friend owns a gift shop and last time I was over there she had some beautiful handcrafted stuff in there. If you look on the forum under the business section you'll find some discussions about getting your work into shops over here.
                  Thanks Natty..............I am getting ichy fingers again Need to get into the flow again.What part of Va have you been in.I am from a little town called South Hill but lived most of my adult life in The Tidewater area (Va Beach )as well as N.C,Az,Ca,Ky,and W.Va.
                  Shabby Neesey

Comment

Originally posted by Neesey View Post
                    What part of Va have you been in.I am from a little town called South Hill
                    Mainly round Shenendoah valley, our friends live just outside Woodstock...I remember being quite disappointed when I was younger and realised it wasn't the Woodstock.
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                      Mainly round Shenendoah valley, our friends live just outside Woodstock...I remember being quite disappointed when I was younger and realised it wasn't the Woodstock.
                      I lived in Stanton Va off I 81, and worked at the Va school for the Deaf and Blind in my younger years.Love the Blue Ridge.Scotland reminds me of those Mts
                      Shabby Neesey

Comment

Im from the UK

I live in a little market town about 20 miles from Norwich. Its very small and no craft outlets, now can you believe that?

Comment

I'm from Stroud and I make cards and papercrafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Xantia View Post
                            I'm from Stroud and I make cards and papercrafts.
                            I'm in Gloucestershire too!

I live in a town called Winchcombe (just north of Cheltenham)
                            Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Debeadz View Post
                              I'm in Gloucestershire too!

I live in a town called Winchcombe (just north of Cheltenham)

I know Winchcombe, it's a lovely little town.

Comment

I am from Hayling Island, live right on the beach, bliss
                                Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                                I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Working...
                                X