I need a macrame expert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a macrame expert!

Hello, just wondering if anyone out there can recommend a good source of macrame patterns or even a decent book (i.e. not from the 1970s - LOL) for a modern style macrame hanging basket.... I've been in the garden alot this weekend and have developed the urge to make something pretty (preferably with beads of course !) - all recommendations gratefully rec'd !
    Mel

Oh no... no replies... does anyone out there do macrame ...? Back to google then...
    Mel

Comment

Is macrame the same as crocheting?

My memories of macrame are of a hanging thing that my mum used to have spider plants in - very seventies! (does that date me now?!)
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

No - thats exactly it !! I really fancied doing something similar with a modern twist (perhaps colour cords and, of course, funky beads!) - I was going to try and adapt a pattern or something but I'm beginning to think its a lost craft...
        Mel

Comment

Try ebay auction number

Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
            Try ebay auction number

That made me chuckle... did you see I could make a 'chubby the owl' ! But I get the point... I could try and adapt the patterns (and then bring out my own book - ha ha ) ! I may have to face it ... this craft is stuck in the 70's after all...
            Mel

Comment

I've just typed in "Macrame" under the book section on Amazon and there are a few modern-looking books....
              Last edited by JBJB; 10-06-2007, 09:40 PM.
              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Yeh.. I looked on there too.. not hugely inspired by the selection (lots of jewellery but really wanted a hanger). Oh well, I think I will have to have a play and see what happens ...well, thats if I can remember the basic knots of course... oh dear...
                Mel

Comment

Macrame Revival!

Hello, I too am looking to learn Macrame, but am having real difficulty unearthing courses, patterns etc. I have not come across a pattern for a plant pot hanger yet, but if I do I will let you know. I am looking for any courses in the South West (correspondence or in house) but not having much luck. Does anyone have any information?

Regards, Gill

Comment

Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
                    Hello, just wondering if anyone out there can recommend a good source of macrame patterns or even a decent book (i.e. not from the 1970s - LOL) for a modern style macrame hanging basket.... I've been in the garden alot this weekend and have developed the urge to make something pretty (preferably with beads of course !) - all recommendations gratefully rec'd !
                    I am looking at the moment for patterns for macrame so if I come across any plant pot holders I will let you know. I am looking for correspondence or in house courses to learn macrame, so any info gratefully received!

Regards, Gill

Comment

Thanks Gill ! It seems like this is a very retro craft at the moment with not many people into it. I actually did have a go at making a plant hanger the other day without a pattern and its not too bad (may post a pic later) - just need to learn a few more knots and figure out where it could be improved...

Keep me updated with what you find and I will do likewise
                      Mel

Comment

i think i have found what you are looking for

if you are still looking check out ebay item no12069498950

Comment

thank you - will have a look...
                          Mel

Comment

i have found a site with all the basic knots- i cant post links i dont think but if you search for katscraftfun then there is a site with good pics- always essential for knotting i find!

Comment

Well, well, well .... look what I've just found
                              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X