Die Cutting Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Cutting Machines

I've tried to find some previous threads on this, so sorry if I am repeating. I've also started looking at die cutting machines, I'm looking at Sizzix machines (all different types) does anyone have any recommendations, I'm going to use if for personal cards, so idea of what would be cost effective would also be helpful. I have an idea of prices, but what I want to know is, what is the most versitile system, I can't find much information on the Tag Along, so and idea of what this machine is like would be most helpful.

Thanking you all very much in advance for your assistance.

Hi, i haven't got one myself but a lot of people are raving about the cricut, and i think most of them would say it's the best thing since sliced bread! The cartridges are quite expensive but you can get them a lot cheaper from the US (about £30-£35). It is probably costs more than you have in mind but when you think of all the dies you'd buy for other die cutters they'll end up costing about the same.

I have a craft robo myself which is excellent and will cut just about any design you want without having to buy additional software. They are a learning curve though but with a bit of practice you can create anything.

I haven't heard many reports about the sissix so i can't help on that one but i'm sure someone who can will be along shortly.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

Hi
      I have a sizzex and its great for what I need. I don't do much die cutting and so don't feel it is worth investing in the newer machines

If I was considering buying now I would definately consider the cricut or craft robo. The cost of the hard dies quickly adds up to having spent as much as the initial outlay of one of the electronic machines! I have been told that next year the cricut will be available with a connection to your own computer- making it more like the craft robo.

My friend swapped her sizzex for a Big Shot and loves that.
      Heidi
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/2919135...7621334751669/
      https://www.coriandr.com/shop?seller_id=886

Comment

I've had a Sizzix machine for 2 and a bit years and I love it! I have many (many) dies - Sizzix, Ellison and Quickutz and have started getting Cuttlebug dies too as all fit, just need an adaptor (about £1) and coverter (about £10). If you do get a Sizzix I'll send you an adaptor as I've got a few spares - just let me know.

I find it fab but I think the new ciricut looks great too!

Ebay have some good offers on the new Sizzix machine - look for the sellers who just sell the machines and dies as they are the best (I got mine with some dies and paid no extra postage if that helps deciding on seller and I've bought from the same seller again and again so no probs there!)

Good luck deciding!

Comment

I also have a sizzix machine and use it with the adapter so that I can use my quickutz dies. I love it, although I don't have time to use it much anymore!!

I got mine from ebay, they do have some good prices and sometimes you can pick them up with a few dies thrown in!!
          www.purethoughts.co.uk
          Natural soaps and skincare, handmade from beginning to end...

Pure Thoughts Newsletter - Free samples for 50 new subscribers every month

Comment

I have a quickutz, an old red sizzix and a craft robo, I love the craft robo and use it all the time (but then I make cards to sell) though it does really frustrate me when it wont cut cleanly through my card (it will only cut up to 220gsm).
            I wouldnt recommend the quickutz, although I really like their dies the machine is hard work to use and it is quite restrictive in size. As far as I know all the newer diecutting machines have adapters so that you can use other manufacturers dies in the machines. I used to really like using my sizzix but unfortunatey its now a bit broken due to the fact I used it to cut really thick card, felt and balsa wood.
            Although I have the robo I would still consider buying a manual die cutter to use for embossing and cutting thicker stuff and fabric. Id probably consider a wizard myself mainly due to it being made of metal and would let me cut anything. its also supposed to be pretty good at embossing with any stencils. Think I will have to wait a bit, I have no more space for any more craft stuff. I think I have invaded every room in the house (except the bathroom, the steam would make my papers curl)
            Think I rambled on a bit there, hopefully some of it was some use.

Paula

Comment

I have a cricut which is fantastic and the cartridges do not seem that expensive when you consider how much is on them and everything on them can be cut in 11 different sizes and 6 different styles. That equates to thousands of dies.

As for a manual die cutter i have a wizard machine. It is very sturdy and will use most companies dies, including the new cuttle bug dies and emboss walletts. it is fabulous for embossing stencils into card and into metal. it cuts through most things with ease.

Hope this helps

Heather
              www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
              for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
              www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
              craftyaddicts blog site
              www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
              My personal blog
              http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Thanks people - all the information is greatfully received. I'm going to have look at all of the options above.

Comment

Sizzix Machine

Thought that I would update you all. I managed to pick myself up an excellent bargin, a machine with about 10 dies and a load of paper already cut for about £45. I didn't think that was bad, and sugarandspice I took your advice and have also purchased some dies, which the buyer will include in my orginal package. Hurrah!!!! Now I just need the machine to turn up so that I can have some fun and craft.

Once again thank you all for your advice. I think that I'm going to love it on this forum.

Comment

craft robo

we bought our craft robo about 6 weeks ago. Its excellent. Love it. You can cut anything you find or design wot u want. Well worth the money. Not limited at all to wot you can cut and once youve payed for the machine you dont have to pay anything else out.

Comment

Look at the date of the previous post - it was May....

Comment

Originally posted by heavenlygirl View Post
                        I have a cricut which is fantastic and the cartridges do not seem that expensive when you consider how much is on them and everything on them can be cut in 11 different sizes and 6 different styles. That equates to thousands of dies.

As for a manual die cutter i have a wizard machine. It is very sturdy and will use most companies dies, including the new cuttle bug dies and emboss walletts. it is fabulous for embossing stencils into card and into metal. it cuts through most things with ease.

Hope this helps

Heather

Hi Heather,

I've just bought a wizard as all threads i read said they are compatible with most makes of die.
                        Can you tell me if they are ok with sizzix and sizzlets?

Many thanks
                        Leanne
                        jacksonhen

www.jacksonhennigan.co.uk
                        www.maiaweddingsandevents.co.uk

Comment

Hi,
                          I was wondering about the compatibility of a certain die with a sizzix original a few months ago. Spoke to the suppliers of the die and sizzix and neither could help and then I came across this very helpful pdf list complied by a lady called Jay.
                          http://indigoinklings.blogspot.com/2007/08/comparing-die-cutters.html

HTH

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Noodlefish
                          http://www.etsy.com/shop/noodlefish

http://twitter.com/NoodlefishCraft
                          http://www.pinterest.com/noodlefishcraft/
                          http://www.noodlefishcrafts.co.uk/
                          http://noodlefishcrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Zap! Creatives - CraftRobo

I would back up what other users have been saying on here and go for the craft Robo. Back this up with soem software like Illustrator, Corel Draw or Freehand(This software is discontinued now so you could find it really cheap from somewhere. Go for version 10+) and then draw and cut your own shapes.

You will not be limited to the designs that you can produce and can even by vector clip art CDs and use those as your designs too.

I would think that after purchasing different dies etc for these other machines that you will see your costs go up quite quickly. A vector CD will often contain a couple of hundred shapes that you can use on the CraftRobo for £20. Bargain!!!

Dave

Zap! Creatives
                            Laser Cutting, Acrylic Printing & craft supplies.
                            Dave
                            Zap! Creatives
                            Laser Cutting, Acrylic Printing & Craft Supplies

www.zapcreatives.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X