Info on the craft market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on the craft market

Hi there I am keen to learn more about the UK craft market, can anyone tell me how many craft retailers there are in the UK and whther they are more likely to have a physical shop or an online shop (or both!?)?

I am writing a paper on the craft sector and would be very grateful of any information on the market place with regard to size.

I would also be interested to know if any one area of spe******m is most prevelant, for example card making or beading and jewellry making?

And as retailers do you tend to sell a range of products or spe******e.

Lots of questions !

Hope someone can help

thanks

Bubbles

I don't know if you'll find the answer to those. All i know is that there are probably thousands out there selling crafts or supplies.

I hope someone can help you, i my self haven't got the foggiest
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

From personal experience, I tend to find that the most popular craft (in terms of the numbers that do it) is card making and jewellery.
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles View Post
        Hi there I am keen to learn more about the UK craft market, can anyone tell me how many craft retailers there are in the UK and whther they are more likely to have a physical shop or an online shop (or both!?)?

I am writing a paper on the craft sector and would be very grateful of any information on the market place with regard to size.

I would also be interested to know if any one area of spe******m is most prevelant, for example card making or beading and jewellry making?

And as retailers do you tend to sell a range of products or spe******e.

Lots of questions !

Hope someone can help

thanks

Bubbles
        That's like asking someone how many people have blue eyes where they live! Unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time on craft directories - of which there are many - you will find most of your questions unanswerable. Your average crafter - if there is such a thing - is too busy trying to make a few quid to be bothered about how big the marketplace is!

Comment

Working...
        X