Selling Handmade Crafts on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Handmade Crafts on Ebay

I have decided to sell some of my mirrors on ebay (just waiting for a 1p listing day!). I wondered if anyone could offer any advice on the following:

Is it best to Aution or Buy It Now?
    As it's my first time, should I list one item to start or a range?
    What if any item is damaged when the buyer receives it - do I have to send another or can I write a clause in the sale description?
    Do handcrafts sell well on ebay?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

e-bay

Please read all detailes on selling on the e-bay web sites. They are a bit tediouse but worth reading.
    If your items are packaged right you shouldn't get any damage .
    I have just recieved a parcel that arrived in pieces. Luckly it was insured and I am going through a dispute with the postoffice at the moment.

State your postage fees to include insurance if the items are going to be of any great value. Also send to be signed for so many things are going missing at the moment.
    If they don't pay the extra state you aren't responsable.
    Dose this make scense . I have got a head cold and at the moment things are a little difficult to make scense off.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I could go on for hours.....

......about ebay. I love it buying from ebay.

Selling my stuff, on the other hand, wasn't so hot. The overall probelem is that buyers, including me, are all out for a bargain. They have no appreciation of the work involved in handcrafted items!

That aside, if you need advice, the eBay Community boards are excellent. Just one thing - if you sign onto the eBay boards, get yourself a posting ID (another ebay account that you don't use for transactions) so that malicious board posters (trolls) cannot auction wreck. They treat auction wrecking as a sport, especially as eBay will remove the listing first and [maybe] ask questions later.....

I know that all sounds discouraging, but eBay, for me, is still a great place to buy and sell. My sales are usually just stuff I want shot of, or things picked up in charity shops that I sell on. Best was a huge crochet blanket bought fir £3.50 and sold for £96!

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

buying on ebay

yeah, I love buying on ebay too, you can get some real bargains on there. I bought a couple of cds for on there recently and they were fab and only cost a few quid, shipping was really quick too. I recommened anyone making cards to check it out the name of the seller was craft-e-creations

Comment

I can't really offer much useful advice as my items are quite obscure (nails) but as for selliong them it can be really random. I've sold nails from anywhere from 99p to £12 its really just luck i think!
          http://georgebee.etsy.com/

Comment

Why dont you try on the craft jumble site as well its new and a bit slow but im sure it will pick up and If you register you are given £5 credit in your sellers account, so that can go towards fees etc. to begin with. Also if you refer anyone you can both get credit.

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

I already have my mosaics on there! None sold yet though but fingers crossed! It is half price listing day today so I am going to give EBay a go!
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

hello

I would like to deal in bussiness with somebody who can use chinese

Comment

sweater

Is there anyone who do business in woollen sweaters? I want to make a friend with you! 谢谢

Comment

hello

My e-mail:MOD EDIT - PLEASE READ POSTING RULES
                    Last edited by Peter; 04-03-2007, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by china-peter-xue View Post
                      I would like to deal in bussiness with somebody who can use chinese
                      I could use a chinese. I'll have a chicken chow mein, sweet and sour pork with fried rice, spare ribs, chicken and pineapple, oh, and prawn crackers, can you deliver?

Comment

Well, nothing sold the first time around, so I relisted some of them in hope they would a second time around but again nothing sold. So I think ebay is not an outlet for selling my mosaics. Think I will stick with craft fairs.
                        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hi there, if I remember correctly from another thread you did get an order through ebay though? I would say that's a small success. How many visits did you get to your listings? I tried selling two personalised mirrors through ebay but ended up listing them in an obscure category and only had about 28 hits in total which was pretty rubbish! I think I'll try again with one of my standard mirrors and see how it goes.
                          www.andamento.co.uk ...my website
                          http://andamentoblog.blogspot.com/ ... my blog

Comment

Yes, you remember right! Someone saw my mirrors on ebay and ended up ordering a mirror to there own design through me directly. So yes, it was worth listing, even though no bids on what was there. The costs do add up though so think I will leave it at that and see how the fairs go in a few weeks time. Got quite a few hits - about 100 on the round purple one, so at least people looked. Had quite a few watchers too - maybe one of them will contact me directly?? Sorry if I sounded a bit negative in the last post - didn't mean to. I think i got my hopes too high as had lots of watchers but as you sau, got a sale I would not have had otherwise! Good luck with selling your mirrors - let me know how you get on!
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

do you know engraved stones

Do you know engrave pocket stones,which is a natural stones engraved with any words or images on it,more information you can visit our website
                              The factory for engraved stones:
                              http://www.engravedstones.net

Comment

Working...
                              X