Colouring Onto Acetate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colouring Onto Acetate

Hello, I don't suppose anyone knows the best way of colouring onto acetate? Not sure whether to try pens or paint and the best techniques.

Be great if anyone can help.

Thank you, hope you're all well :-)

Sarahxxx

The best set of pens I have used asre Sakura, you can get them from most good craft stores, they come in glitter etc, can also be used on shrink plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
      The best set of pens I have used asre Sakura, you can get them from most good craft stores, they come in glitter etc, can also be used on shrink plastic.
      Agree totally, the effect with the Sakura glaze pens looks a bit like glass painting especially if you use with a black peel off on the acetate (have used this technique on those little glass tealight holders and it looks fab ). You can also use peel-off pens on acetate as they are permenant - but you'll find normal felt-tips will just rub off acetate.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Thanks so much for your suggestions, those sakura pens sound ideal, I think I'll have t invest. I'm planning some stained glass window cards for Christmas and can't wait to start!

Sarahxxx

Comment

It depends what you are wanting to make...I've had great success with glass paints onto acetate, the only drawback is that it takes about a week to dry and harden. Here is a link for instructions if you fancy having a go:

http://www.things-to-make-and-do.co....-painting.html

Jo x
          Things to make and do
          Things to make and do's Facebook page
          Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Working...
          X