Whats the best way to advertise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best way to advertise?

Does anybody know good advertisement methods.

I have looked into google, yahoo etc and of course this site advertising plans :P

but none are really that cheap.

Any ideas?

A rather good way is to use your website name as your user name, and answer as many posts as you can on a high profile forum..................maybe a crafts forum..................and then sit back and see how long it takes google to pick you up. It might just work.

Comment

Advertising.....

I completely understand where you're coming from. It's a confusing business this advertising. I've been looking at Google adwords and you're right it does sound potentially very expensive and there are no guarantees of any sales... (same as for any form - right)

I found a podcast on advertising your business which suggested that someting like Adwords was far more useful than any magazine. Why? Because a magazine can only tell you it's number of readers etc where's something like adwords is presented only to those people who are looking for that item and with analytics(?) you can see what folk are looking for which means you can tune your shop or advert to be more effective. But and it's a big but, it's expensive.

Do you think I've been drawn in by another advert?

I'll be fascinated to hear what others say. I constantly struggle with this issue.
      Julia

Website: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JuliaYo...=hdr_shop_menu
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/JuliaYorkDesigns?ref=hl
      Blog:https://juliayorkdesigns.wordpress.com

Comment

One of the tips I was given by business link is to put your logo and website on every piece of mail, ie I have just posted off a birthday gift to a relative and have put my label on the front of the box, I do the same for letters. also agree join forums and ass your website and blog address to your signature, do not have to only be in the UK I am on an forum in the USA. This is all free advertising and I think works better than some of the pricier options.
        If you sell at fairs etc or party plan, direct or however, always put in a postcard size advert giving details of what you do and contact. I use a picture of grouped objects.
        If you have a blog cross reference with other blogs as again they may not visit you but may visit say mine and click on your name. If you want to swap sites and blog let me know and I will add to mine. Take a look at my blog and you will see what I mean. I am also registered with Blog Mama's as a businesss, again free but it is a link to the WWW.
        Let us know how you get on The idea of these forums, I think, is to help each other out as much as possible.

Comment

I was being sarcastic prior to banning the original poster.

Comment

Just been nosey or maybe I'm a bit dense but what did this person get banned for?????
            for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Ideas In Paper View Post
              Just been nosey or maybe I'm a bit dense but what did this person get banned for?????
              You didn't see the other dozen posts.....................that's what we do. If you're very good, and you stay up till midnight, you may hear a mod banning someone....................but you have to be good.

Comment

In spamspace, no-one can hear you scream.
                Wood Tattoos
                Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

check out their username LOL lovin the sarcasm
                  Last edited by Pagan; 11-09-2008, 06:15 PM.
                  www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

I can't remember the last time I stayed up past 11pm and after what you've just said I'll be going to bed even earlier now..............

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                      check out their username LOL lovin the sarcasm
                      Ok you got me I must be thick! Who's been sarcastic???

Comment

Ok you got me I must be thick! Who's been sarcastic???

A rather good way is to use your website name as your user name, and answer as many posts as you can on a high profile forum..................maybe a crafts forum..................and then sit back and see how long it takes google to pick you up. It might just work.

http:www.beadsage.com
                        http:www.petersewell.co.uk
                        http://www.beadsage.co.uk
                        www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

We are obviously far to trusting here Peter. Thank goodness you are here to sort them out.

Melanie

Comment

Think I'm with ya, at last, but my user name is also my website name and I have not been banned (yet, a lot of my jokes have but not me personally).

Should I change my user name again, I'm too young to be banned from somewhere

Comment

This is getting surreal.

Comment

Working...
                              X