Anyboday can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyboday can help?

I plan to open a online store about nature leaf craft-handmade leaf sculpture.

But I don't know how to promote my craft. I try to build a simple website but very strange it can't be found via google.

I am thinking about open a store in ebay. I have no idea whether it can be help.

Any idea for me?
    my pressed leaf sculpture: hppt://www.pressedleafsculpture.com

my botanical art:hppt://www,wix.com/leafart/leaf

Hi Mou Mou and welcome.

It really depends what you want your website to do.

For example my website is really about pottery making and how I go about it. There are hints and tips and useful (I think) links and the online store is not so important as I sell most of my stuff at exhibitions, craft fairs etc. but it does bring in some business and commissions. So a straight forward online shop doesn't fulfill the bill for me.

Luckily I have a fair amount of website design experience and could incorporate an open source (think 'free') shopping cart into my website without trouble.

So think carefully about your proposed website. If you think that just an online shop will fulfill your needs then go for an off the shelf solution like 'Mr Site'. I wouldn't really recommend ebay as a solution.

If you need something a little more then I suggest you consult a website designer if you haven't got the necessary expertise yourself. If you pm me I can give you more information about this.

By the way as far as your simple website not showing up on Google it can be some time before that happens. Did you submit your website address to Google or get someone with an already listed site to link to yours? Google doesn't just 'stumble' across new sites.

John
    I follow the "Way of the Clay"
    http://www.lockettpots.co.uk

Comment

Are you crafting the sculptures yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by lockettpots View Post
        Hi Mou Mou and welcome.

It really depends what you want your website to do.

For example my website is really about pottery making and how I go about it. There are hints and tips and useful (I think) links and the online store is not so important as I sell most of my stuff at exhibitions, craft fairs etc. but it does bring in some business and commissions. So a straight forward online shop doesn't fulfill the bill for me.

Luckily I have a fair amount of website design experience and could incorporate an open source (think 'free') shopping cart into my website without trouble.

So think carefully about your proposed website. If you think that just an online shop will fulfill your needs then go for an off the shelf solution like 'Mr Site'. I wouldn't really recommend ebay as a solution.

If you need something a little more then I suggest you consult a website designer if you haven't got the necessary expertise yourself. If you pm me I can give you more information about this.

By the way as far as your simple website not showing up on Google it can be some time before that happens. Did you submit your website address to Google or get someone with an already listed site to link to yours? Google doesn't just 'stumble' across new sites.

John
        Hi John, so kind of you and thank you so much!

I want to built a website to introduce my leaf sculpture to others.

Of course, I also want to make a small business for my sculpture. I hope people love and enjoy my crafting.

The point is that, maketing for a junior business guy is very very hard.

So I think post my sculpture on famous online shop like ebay, Etsy maybe a better choice, for that people can more easier to find my crafting, I think.

Do you agree?

But now, I am afraid people on ebay is for bargain but not care quality and service.

In fact, I feel sad these days because people like my sculpture but few of them would like to buy it. Do you think my sculpture is very bad?
        my pressed leaf sculpture: hppt://www.pressedleafsculpture.com

my botanical art:hppt://www,wix.com/leafart/leaf

Comment

Working...
        X