Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on setting up a Web Site

Hi

I was thinking of setting up a web site to sell my cards. Has anyone any advise for me or where to begin ? As im not very up on this subject

thanks in advance Sarah
    www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Hi Sarah.

I think the easiest and cheapest way is probably with MrSite. I use this and it has been very good, you can customise lots of stuff on it and it has a built in shop facility so you can sell online. If you have any queries with it they get back to you really quick with an aswer (although lots of people on here use it aswell so we can also help!). I think it costs about £35 from MrSite website or you can buy it off Amazon where I think it costs about £20 (thats where I got it from).
    Hope this helps. Nicki. x
    by Nicki
    www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

thanks Nikki

Appeciate it I will look into it thanks

Sara x
      www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

this is handy info, I'd like to set a site up too but not until much later in the year so will keep a note of Mr Site. I need to make lots more stuff before I take the plunge!!

Comment

I just build up my site and not sure if looks good. Any comments is appreciate.

www watcharinthorn.com

Comment

Building a website!

Hi there,
            I have just designed mine through my hotmail account (microsoft office)which I used a template for. You can customise the style, colours, logo etc and it's all very easy to use - which is lucky as i'm really not very technically minded in that department! You can set up a domain name, (although luckily my hotmail account is already my name), so I didn't have to pay extra. You can set up an online shop as well, but i've not ventured that far as yet!

Hope this is useful, click on my signature to get a preview of my site if you'd like to see an example of what they offer.

Good luck, it's very time consuming!

Marie
            Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
            Facebook Page
            Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

well the minimum you will need to understand is about search engine optimization, SEO. next, how to submit your site to a search engine correctly.

make your site interesting with unique content, information.

if all goes well you will be listed in a search engine in days otherwise maybe a year. expect it to take a year before you get regular clicks on your site unless you are willing to market and promote your site heavily.

learn to use a web publishing programme, in the long run this will serve you better.

i have recently set up a site. it was a huge amount of work but interesting and rewarding.

oh, and a bottle of paracetamol for the headaches.
              Darren

www.turnerpens.com

Comment

You get what you pay for at the end of the day, free sites only get you so far.

Ask yourself what you are trying to achieve from having a Web site? Are you looking to selling your goods online or do you just want a brochure Web site with a few pages to describe what you do, maybe with some photos perhaps?

Next, how are people going to find you? Are you going to be referring people to the Web site? You can do this by adding your Web site address to business cards, labels on products, a banner at your craft fair. Are you hoping for new clients to be able to find you via search engines? If you, you will need to think about Search Engine Optimisation, and having a search engine friendly Web site that is going to explain to search engines what your site is about. SEO is a complicated subject so I'll leave that for now!

Good luck with the site!
                The Great British Craft Tour
                www.thegreatbritishcrafttour.co.uk

Comment

You do realise the owner of the forum you are on is an seo...........? This forum is part of UK Crafts Websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Beadsage View Post
                    You do realise the owner of the forum you are on is an seo...........? This forum is part of UK Crafts Websites.
                    yes, I do realise that. I was just giving you my thoughts that was all

I'm here for my venture - starting a crafts online shop in the future and need advice myself!
                    The Great British Craft Tour
                    www.thegreatbritishcrafttour.co.uk

Comment

It's coming over more that you need participants. Try not to sail too close to the wind regarding forum rules, they are stringently enforced.

Comment

I've realised that a website is the next step for me. Would most people recommend MrSite? Is there an annual charge or is it a flat rate one-off fee only?

Si.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

I think we have met

Hi I'm Lynn (Wiltshire wedding Choices and Chocolate by KK)

I think we have met at the Lackham craft fayre run By Debs and her sister.

If you are the person I think you are I took your cards said I would contact you then lost your card.

So I do hope you are the person I am thinking of (if you are not I am so sorry please do not think I am a totally mad woman, I am just a little round the twist maybe).

Could I please ask you to contact me.

Do you have your web site now? Rob built mine if you still want advice I will ask him to contact you via this site.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi again Lynn, I've sent you a PM.

Si.
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Before setting up website it is must to know about SEO, where you can well optimize your site in order to get more ranking in the search engine results page.
                              Mod deleted sig - not crafts relevant

Comment

Working...
                              X