Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric stiffener for cross stitch

Hi everyone

I have been doing cross stitch for a while now and have just ordered some coasters to insert my work. Can anyone advise me on a good fabric stiffener so my work will not crease when being inserted? Is spray on or iron on the best. Would really appreciate your comments.

Many thanks
    Angie

have other people replied at all?

didnt know wether they have replied personally. Dont know if this will help i find that both are just as good as each other. Sometimes, for things like coasters, i have invisibily tacked mine to thick felt, the same colour as the linen/aida. You dont always have to tack either, because the texture of the felt, grips the material. It depends how permanent you want it to be. I am presuming they are the clear plastic coasters? i only did a set of coasters once, for my children. They are good if you want to use the free stitch pack gifts you sometimes get on the front of mags for something a bit different. i saved up disney ones and made the kids a set of four. Hope this helps. oh yes, i just popped stiff card in before 'closing' the coaster at the back.

Comment

Working...
    X