Ring Bearer Satin Heart Pillow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Bearer Satin Heart Pillow

I would like to know how can I sew gathered lace that have a 1/2 to 1 inch heading on top and the bottom of the lace is 3 inch wide on the edge of the of the pillow? I don't want to have the top edge of the lace sewn into the pillow. I want it to look like the pillows from bridal magazines.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks

Not too sure what you mean, do you want to gather the lace then apply to the top around the edges, without sewing into the seams?

If so, I use double edged lace and stitch a large running stitch on my machine down the middle, using approx twice the length of lace to the sides of the cushion. Then gather evenly and pin to the cushion fornt and hand sew in place. I always do this once the cushion is stuffed and finished as it makes it easier to apply.

Hope this helps and I have understood what you wanted properly a bit senior so do not always pick up things as I should!

Comment

HELLO AND
      Yes, I too am a little confused. Do you want part of the lace to lay on the top flat of the cushion and some to hang frilled over the edge?
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Ring Bearer Pillows Gather Lace

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
        HELLO AND
        Yes, I too am a little confused. Do you want part of the lace to lay on the top flat of the cushion and some to hang frilled over the edge?
        Yes you are correct. I do apologize for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
        X