PDA

View Full Version : Squidoo?

Roseberry Crafts
05-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know anything about this little oddment?!
I found it because I'd googled "flickr roseberrycrafts" to see if my new flickr account was "findable" and found a link to Sqidoo that had one of my Etsy items listed as a recommendation on their "lens" (Sqidoo speak for web page I think). I can't quite grasp what the website is supposed to be or do (having one those weeks!) but I think the general gist is that it's somewhere else to advertise for free!?:confused:
If anyone wants to check it out then it's here; http://www.squidoo.com/browse/homepage

If anyone knows anymore about it then I would appreciate any views, advice, explanations (simple or it'll make my head hurt), etc.

Neesey
05-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Nat..........never heard of it but it looks good so far.Will have to take a good snoop around later.Still sewing on those drapes:mad:.Would rather be sewing on something fun but got to pay the bills:mad:
Will check it out tonite after I get these things done:mf:

Ballerinacaz
07-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't really understand it, it seems to be a mixture of a blog site and a place to advertise and some other stuff mixed in. I don't really know much about it though. It might be a good idea to join and see what its like?

Neesey
07-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't really understand it, it seems to be a mixture of a blog site and a place to advertise and some other stuff mixed in. I don't really know much about it though. It might be a good idea to join and see what its like?
I'm seeing the same way you are.I can't understand what it is all about and I have been on looking on and off for a few days.:confused: I also haven't found many from the UK.Wonder if it would even do us any good.

Roseberry Crafts
09-03-2008, 09:18 AM
You two are so right! I still can't work out what the site "is".

Neesey you are probably right. If there is no Uk traffic then it's not going to be worthwhile! I'm going through a bit of a "slow" phase at the moment (too little food and sleep) but when I get back on track I'll give it a thorough investigation. I don't like to leave any stone unturned!

colourart
09-03-2008, 09:22 AM
My DH is doing a little bit on Squidoo for me as I don't really get it. I think it gets you hits but also earns cash if people click through, he is putting tutorials of my kids craft projects on there, but like I say I'm not completely clued up but if DH is will to do it then I'm not arguing.