PDA

View Full Version : YouCraftyLot.com

Neesey
29-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Just though I would let you know its the last day to post your items for sale on YouCraftyLot without having to pay. It's only 10p to post after today but every 10p you can save the better.;) I opened a shop there about 2 weeks ago and have sold 1 item:) so it maybe worth it.At least its free right now to open your shop and the more you get out there the better;) Just check it out and make up your own mind.

http://www.youcraftylot.com/index.php

Roseberry Crafts
29-02-2008, 10:45 AM
:mf:Good for you Neesey!:mf: Didn't know you'd had a YCL sale. Thanks for the reminder about free posting. I was planning to get loads more listed before now but I lost track of time! Do you know anyone else who sells on YCL? Would be nice to know if anyone else has had sales already. I'm still waiting, but hey it's early days!

Jo W
29-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Congratulations on the sale Neesey.:) I joined last week and have only listed one item so far. Looks like I will be listing loads more today. There is always soooo much to do.

Muddle Jewellery
29-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Congratulations on the sale!:D

I'm having problems listing an item:confused:

Maybe its my browser? I use Safari.

ezzyam
29-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I have just tried to register but it keeps telling me my e mail is invalid. Has anyone else had this problem?

Pauline@weddingtreasures
29-02-2008, 01:31 PM
ooooerr how do I register?

Am I thick or what because I've just gone to the webpage and can't find anywhere to register?

:confused:

Sprinkles
29-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm having problems listing an item:confused:

Maybe its my browser? I use Safari.

I just tried using Safari too, and it didnt work. Firefox does though :p

If you go to Sellers Login, you can register there :)

Roseberry Crafts
29-02-2008, 02:29 PM
ooooerr how do I register?

Am I thick or what because I've just gone to the webpage and can't find anywhere to register?

:confused:

Just click on seller log in. There's a link in the bottom right of the box for new sellers to sign up.

Muddle Jewellery
29-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I thought that too, but I went to where it says login and it asks if you're new there and you can register.

Muddle Jewellery
29-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry Roseberry Crafts, you already answered that question, I hadn't refreshed my page.. i'm stupid!

goldy1
29-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I had a look and compared to other simear sites threr info is a bit thin on the ground. the forum is empty how long has this site been runing?

ezzyam
29-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I finally uploaded to the site, its really very easy just me having a dumb day!!

I gather the site is quite new but I have to tell you they are really really helpful. I was having problems so I sent an e mail and a lovely lady helped me all the way through. I would recommend giving it a go. Hopefully some sales will come from it. I guess its always worth trying a new site and it doesn't break the bank!!

Roseberry Crafts
29-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry Roseberry Crafts, you already answered that question, I hadn't refreshed my page.. i'm stupid!

That's OK! Sprinkles and I seem to have posted the same advice at the same time too!

Goldy1, I know what you mean about the information but I think it is a very new site. According to the info' I had emailed to me they had 72,000 hits in Dec and I know that since I opened my shop on there a few weeks ago the number of sellers has already grown. More sellers means more people advertising YouCraftyLot.com so it can only go on growing, maybe only slowly at first but who knows it might end up the UKs answer to Etsy!

Sprinkles
29-02-2008, 05:37 PM
That's OK! Sprinkles and I seem to have posted the same advice at the same time too!

Hehe, you can't say we dont help on the forum!

I was looking through the shops on the site ealier, i also thought it was a little limp. But its a better place then nowhere to sell our crafts.

Just a quick question though...

I put up 2 items to sell on the site, and both have appeared on the front page. Yay, thats great... but if i am to add more items to my little shop is it all going to appear on the front page? I dont want to add any more items incase i end up spamming the front page of just my crafts.

Anyone have any idea how to not add everything to the front page?

Roseberry Crafts
29-02-2008, 05:48 PM
It says in the blurb that was emailed to me that the front page always shows the last 12 items listed and that all Stores (except empty ones) will be rotated so they all get a turn at being on the front page from time to time.

goldy1
29-02-2008, 05:50 PM
If it's anything like Etsy then the latest items to be added apear on the front page if you'rs is all thats added that day thats what will show.
I am just abit wary of this site as there is no info on who is runing it It all seems very vague. When you go to other selling sites There is a lot more legal mumbo jumbo to read as well. I maybe just me but I don't want to put my details on a site I don't know much about.

Sprinkles
29-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Thank you for your help.

I shall wait a little bit untill someone else uploades their piccies onto the site, and let them spam it first!

Dosn't look like anyone is putting up their crafts at the moment *hint* :p

Neesey
29-02-2008, 06:33 PM
I finally uploaded to the site, its really very easy just me having a dumb day!!

I gather the site is quite new but I have to tell you they are really really helpful. I was having problems so I sent an e mail and a lovely lady helped me all the way through. I would recommend giving it a go. Hopefully some sales will come from it. I guess its always worth trying a new site and it doesn't break the bank!!

Hazel is a really nice lady and she had to help me as well.It is easy when you get the hang of it. I know the site is new but it is a good way to get out there and the more links we get the better.Hazel sent all the members a e-mail 2day saying that the more we linked to the site and the more we went there ourselves the higher up the latter we would be.(not her words exactly but good enough ) lol........I fill that if we could build up this site it could be a good home for us and others. Thats my 2p anyway:)

Neesey
29-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I just welcomed all you that opened a shop at youcraftylot in the form there.Hope all of you have good success!
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc257/englishsunflower/Success.gif

Roseberry Crafts
29-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I am just abit wary of this site as there is no info on who is runing it It all seems very vague. When you go to other selling sites There is a lot more legal mumbo jumbo to read as well. I maybe just me but I don't want to put my details on a site I don't know much about.

If you PM your email address to me I'll send you (and anyone else who's interested) all the info' I have. I would PM you with it but it's too long!

Neesey, just read your welcome message. Well done you for breaking the ice!:)

Sprinkles
29-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I've added my Thank you's and Welcomes to the forum page for other fellow crafters on here :)

woodtattoos
29-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I might have to check this site out soon to see how it compares to Etsy!

Si.

Focus on Life
01-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I must check this out soon, along with Etsy, thanks Neesey!

....I just need to get my head round the packaging and postal costs of sending my big framed pieces....my brain hurts!

shaz x

missXzzim
02-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I think i have the most expensive item for sale there at the moment- can anyone beat 169?

Neesey
02-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I just recived a e-mail from Hazel at YCL and she is inputing a profile of youcraftylot.com on talentdatabase and she is useing one of my Collage frames as one of YCLs talented
artists. With full writeup and credit to my shop.:D Me Happy!!!!!!!!! Good Avert!!!!!:D Me Still Happy!!!!!:Dlolol

Focus on Life
02-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I just recived a e-mail from Hazel at YCL and she is inputing a profile of youcraftylot.com on talentdatabase and she is useing one of my Collage frames as one of YCLs talented
artists. With full writeup and credit to my shop.:D Me Happy!!!!!!!!! Good Avert!!!!!:D Me Still Happy!!!!!:Dlolol

Hey thats great news Neesey and not only very well deserved but very nice of the lady to recognise what you're doing to promote her venture too - if thats just one thing to judge her by, I imagine the site will do really well once its more established :)

Shaz x