PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Poppytalk Handmade?

Roseberry Crafts
14-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Came across this one a few days ago whilst rooting around on the net.
Can't post the link as I don't have enough posts under my belt yet (but I am getting there!).
Just google "poppytalk handmade" to have a nosey and see what you think.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has had experience with them yet.

swirlyarts
14-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I use the blog sometimes to get ideas for Cuteable but I haven't had anything for sale on there. It's quite popular in the US from what I can gather.

Roseberry Crafts
14-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I've just found another one! YouCraftyLot.com? Anyone heard of or had dealings with?

Neesey
14-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I've just found another one! YouCraftyLot.com? Anyone heard of or had dealings with?

This one look really good:) Think I will take a chance on it for a while sence there are no fees yet:)

Roseberry Crafts
14-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes, think I might do the same. Gotta get me stuff seen in as many places as possible 'cos I'm not selling much of 'owt at the minute! I sold one of my hand-dyed playsilks on ebay on Monday and a Kiddies baking set at the beginning of January but otherwise it has been dead since Christmas! I hate the fact that ebay is the only place I ever actually get a sale!

0103media
14-02-2008, 05:44 PM

Nop, its new.. not much traffic....

dee_liteful
14-02-2008, 07:26 PM
hiya, hmm not sure about poppy one, looks like has a lot of sellers already, bit like tuggle when i joined there wernt many but now there are lots!!!
but i have sent an email asking about www.youcraftylot.com (http://www.youcraftylot.com) could be a potential!!!!

Neesey
16-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I can't get youcraftylot to except my pic's.It keeps saying invalid format but my pics are JEPG and smaller than the 600 pixs they ask for but it will not let me upload.I have contacted the site but no one has mailed me back. I just give up.

They will start charging 10p a post as of March 1st but if it is going to be this hard to place your pic's on the site its not worth doing:mad:

Roseberry Crafts
16-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I had some info emailed from YCL yesterday (have set up shop already) and it says that it will cost 10p to list for 4 weeks but that there will be no other charges (ie, no comission or final value fees). It also says that you will only ever be asked to pay your fees once they reach 2 and that if your fees never reach 2 you will never be charged.

If you list before 9am 1st March then those items are free until they come up for renewal 4 weeks after listing. I'm going to list 19 items (if I have that many!) and then renew them in four weeks. If they don't sell in those eight weeks and traffic is extremely poor then I'll just not list again which if their email is right, won't cost me a penny!

It is obviously very new and therefore the traffic may well be slow to build up but I'm going to give them a chance. Everyone has to start somewhere!

Neesey, I had the same problem with one item yesterday but then when I tried a bit later it worked.