PDA

View Full Version : etsy question

Bumble Bee
14-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes another etsy question, but please help me get my head around it... :confused:

If you have shops on Etsy and Tuggle can you have the same things for sale on both them? eg one hand bag registered on each of them.

Also if it is sold either privately or on one of the sites, can you take the item off the other site? I imagine that you'll still be charged the fee?

Just asking before i get registered on them.
Thanks peeps....

Roseberry Crafts
14-02-2008, 10:47 AM
I have the same items on Etsy, DaWanda and eBay and also offer them to people offline (friend, relative, whatever). If an item sells elswhere you can end the listing in the other places. The only drawback being that you don't get your listing fee refunded. Not too much of a problem on Etsy as it only costs about 10p anyway but on eBay it can be a lot more! I'm not sure about Tuggle as I am not yet set up on there, but I have been accepted and sent their blurb and I'm sure I read somewhere in there that you are able to list elsewhere. Don't quote me on it though! I'll read through it again and get back to you.

Hope this helps,
Nat

Roseberry Crafts
14-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Me again! Just read up and all it says is that you don't have to be exclusive to Tuggle which doesn't really answer your Q. I did notice however that a fellow forum user JBJB sells on Tuggle so perhaps you could track her down and ask her a bit more?

Bumble Bee
14-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for doing that for me Nat. :)

colourart
14-02-2008, 11:22 AM
I sell on etsy, tuggle, ebay and I have my own website and nothing is exclusive. You would just have to keep on top of what you've got where.

In my case I put everything I have on Tuggle because it was an upfront fee and I don't pay for listing. I can have upto 30 items on there. I have a selection of my paintings on ebay because they charge the highest fees, but I have an ebay shop so I put more items in there as they're cheaper to list. I'm quite new to etsy so I only have a small selection on there also. If anything sells through ebay I take it off Tuggle or I put it on as a made to order item with a longer leadtime.

You can end your listings on etsy at any time but you will lose your fee, and on Tuggle you can put an item on hold if your going to make another or take it off all togther. Hope this makes some sense.