PDA

View Full Version : Soap Loaf Moulds

Ed's
07-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi,

As I am fairly new to saopmaking, I am again asking your your help. Does anyone know where the best place to buy soap loaf moulds and a cutter is?

I have 'googled' for them and have not found anything suitable. I need a loaf mould that will take a recipe that uses 2lb of oils (preferably also a bigger one as well).

Again let me thank everyone of this forum and you are really helpful.:)

Sheabutter Cottage
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't supply a cutter but have some wooden soap moulds. Please check the link (fair trade, etc) in my sig.

Bumble Bee
07-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi Ed and welcome!

I get mine form this company and there really helpful - www.soapmakers-store.com

They hold 2lb and there plastic. Be careful as they can split easily.
Or there's Denny on ebay, his are more durable, but make a bigger slice.
I bought my cutter from ancient wisdom off the net. There's also Soap tub and Soap kitchen on the net too.

Happy soap making! ;)

Ed's
08-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Thank you both for your posts.

I have looked at your Sheabutter Cottage web site and printed off the details as I found you after my post!

Thanks Bubmle Bee for the additional web site, I haven't found that one. I will take a look now.

Once again thanks.:)

Comforts & Candles
12-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Soaposh also have wooden soap moulds...

I use a large cheese board with a wire cutter to slice my CP soap...

Bumble Bee
12-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Ann-marie, Thank-you for the Soaposh post. Iv been looking for a squared wooden mould for ages and there a good price to.
Ed, i would recommend these, more than the plastic ones.

Ed's
12-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks eveyone who posted a reply.:)

just_mai
17-02-2008, 12:02 AM
you can also get one from thesoapkitchen.co.uk that one has a cutter with it as well

mandamoo
03-04-2008, 05:44 PM
i get most of my stuff from the soap tub formerly known as meltandpoursupplies, david the owner is lovely he has a few moulds but i found a great loaf mould in ikea of all places in the storage part its white plastic and has sections for 3 loafs 2 smaller and 1 large cost about 2.50 its brilliant i use it for all my loaves now will post a pic when i reach 25 (almost there)

mandamoo
03-04-2008, 05:46 PM
forgot to say i think my mould is supposed to be a drawer divider of some sort

gwactod
21-06-2008, 10:15 PM
I can make you soap moulds, slicers, any size you like.

Ger
21-06-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm afraid I would stear clear of the soaptub at the mo unless you have weeks to wait on your order, I placed an order on the 1st and after 2 weeks got no reply to emails or telephone calls :( Have you tried ebay or ebid they both have a good selection

~Laura~
27-06-2008, 12:07 PM
You can use alsorts as a mould. For loaves i use a silcone loaf tray. Anything will do aslong as it has some give in it so you can get your soap out.

Theres a couple of cutters on ebay, I dont use them, I might once i get my website sorted, but i cant really get soap slices to sell that well on ebay, so dont bother lol

mouldindustry
21-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Injection molding is a manufacturing technique for making parts from plastic material. Molten plastic is injected at high pressure into a mould, which is the inverse of the desired shape. The mould is made by a mold maker from metal, usually either steel or aluminium, and precision-machined to form the features of the desired part. Injection molding is very widely used for manufacturing a variety of parts, from the smallest component to entire body panels of cars. Services offered by providers of liquid injection molding include bonding, design assistance, graphics, tool or mold making, prototype or market entry molding, low volume production, high volume production, micro molding, large part molding, insert molding, two-shot injection molding, stamping services, assembly services, just-in-time capability, and packaging and shipping.

tradekey.com/product_list/cid/0853/Mould.htm

BeanyCraft
06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I can give you a really cheap alternative to loaf moulds. I found that loaf moulds were quite expensive so I started using tuppaware boxes. Has always worked for me so maybe it would be good for you too ^.^