PDA

View Full Version : Love You Till The Cows Come Home

Tip Top
15-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Another Valentines Card with variations on the background :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21810422@N02/2195195852/

JBJB
15-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Can I be really pedantic.....? (you know me!)

You don't spell till in that sense like that ... it's 'til

Sorry lovey
:sleep:

Apple Tree Crafts
15-01-2008, 09:43 PM
...That's really sweet.

Sorry to say it but JB is right (sorry to say you've made a boo-boo, not sorry that JB is right.....) You're shortening a word, until, so you have to have an apostrophy -'til - to show the letters have been removed. But, I think a lot of people wouldn't actually spot the difference. Just pedants like me.....;)

Jules

ilovecrafts
15-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Hate to say it ladies.........
but you are all right

yes 'til is correct as an abbreviation of until

BUT till is also correct.

no difference in meaning, but until would be preferable at the beginning of a sentence.

in fact of the 4 meanings of till,the first listed in my dictionary is as used here.

Snow angel
15-01-2008, 10:24 PM
What a fab card

JBJB
15-01-2008, 10:32 PM
ilovecrafts .... Well I bow to your knowledge :p
(I know that reads as if I'm being sarcastic, but I'm not, honestly!)

I never knew that.... I always thought " till " was a cash-till and " til " was as Jules says, because you are shortening the word until.

Don't pay any attention to me then Tip Top.

I am so gramatically pedantic .. I am one of those "eats, shoots and leaves (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eats-Shoots-Leaves-Tolerance-Punctuation/dp/1846680352/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1200436262&sr=8-1)" kind of people (unfortunately) !

ilovecrafts
15-01-2008, 10:32 PM
:o originally started a reply intending to comment on what a great card it was!!, but got side-tracked . sorry tip-top!!
great card!!

Pauline@weddingtreasures
15-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Another great card tippy.......well done!! love it!

Pauline :D

JBJB
15-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Here we go ...

Till vs. ’til.

Since it looks like an abbreviation for “until,” some people argue that this word should always be spelled “’til” (though not all insist on the apostrophe). However, “till” has regularly occurred as a spelling of this word for over 800 years and it’s actually older than “until.” It is perfectly good English.

I shall learn to keep my grammatical gob shut in future!

ilovecrafts
15-01-2008, 10:46 PM
No offence taken JBJB, never thought it sarcastic.

certainly have no superior knowledge or anything1 Something just didnt feel right about your and ATC's posts, I felt fairly sure that till was correct, so checked my dictionaries ( my fav. books are dictionaries of any kind!) more thinking that I must be wrong, than to show you up or anything!

Apple Tree Crafts
16-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Here we go ...

Till vs. ’til.

Since it looks like an abbreviation for “until,” some people argue that this word should always be spelled “’til” (though not all insist on the apostrophe). However, “till” has regularly occurred as a spelling of this word for over 800 years and it’s actually older than “until.” It is perfectly good English.

I shall learn to keep my grammatical gob shut in future!

.....every day. My deepest apologies to TipTop as well!!! I am so glad the card isn't spoiled, because it's just fab.

I think I must have had a very old fashioned english teacher, well, I know I did, but I loved Mrs Murray. She was great.

I've got the Lynne Truss books too. Brilliant!

Jules

Bowed Over
16-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Ow love that card - your imagination astounds me it really does!

Excellent work as usual.

Cheers.

Lisa

:D

Tip Top
16-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Heheheheh!!
No problem re the spelling - I'm usually a real fusspot over things like that too and it was not something that struck me as being wrong so I was completely oblivious and ignorant!!;)

I will think and check twice in the future!!

Glad you like them:D

silversmith76
23-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I've just placed an order for mine - I absolutely love it and hopefully my fiance will too :-)

Rodeo Lady
23-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Another fabby creation.

Cheers Janice

Tip Top
23-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I've just placed an order for mine - I absolutely love it and hopefully my fiance will too :-)

I know!! I kept thinking the name sounded familiar on the payment thing! thank you very much!!!!

Was the second of two orders today - yeahhhhh!! And both valentine cards!!:mf:

Let me know what he thinks;)!

nattynetty
23-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Was the second of two orders today - yeahhhhh!! And both valentine cards!!:mf:

And t'other order was from me :) missed this thread when it started and only noticed it today - loved the cow so much that I decided hubby deserved a proper card this year rather than my usual hurried essemble before he gets home from work like the last few years...http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/images/icons/icon11.gif plus I think he's gonna really love it.

Tip Top
26-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Aww thanks nettynatty!!

For some strange reason I have had quite a few orders for valentine cards - wonder why eh??!!!:D

nattynetty
27-01-2008, 10:21 PM
It arrived yesterday and I love it it's even better in 'real life', thank you loads n loads tiptop :) although I do now have to try and hide it from him for the next 2 weeks.

Will be sure to let you know what he thinks of it.

caketopper
27-01-2008, 10:31 PM
brilliant, i love it!

Focus on Life
28-01-2008, 04:41 PM
That cow's so cute, I love its feet!

PS I just opened one of those Flickr account jobbies and tried to put a comment under your card Tip Top but I kept going back to the sign on screen & when I signed in, I couldnt get back to your card! :confused: Hey ho, I'll figure it out, have learnt SHEDLOADS since I joined this lovely forum just a few days ago!

Happy Bacup Bunny getting happier by the minute!

Shaz x

:D:D:D

Focus on Life
28-01-2008, 04:44 PM
For some strange reason I have had quite a few orders for valentine cards - wonder why eh??!!!:D

...I bet lots of women out there are buying more Valentine cards cos theyre gonna ambush their fellas on Feb 29th with a marriage proposal this year!

Shaz

Tip Top
29-01-2008, 01:22 PM
That cow's so cute, I love its feet!

PS I just opened one of those Flickr account jobbies and tried to put a comment under your card Tip Top but I kept going back to the sign on screen & when I signed in, I couldnt get back to your card! :confused: Hey ho, I'll figure it out, have learnt SHEDLOADS since I joined this lovely forum just a few days ago!

Happy Bacup Bunny getting happier by the minute!

Shaz x

:D:D:D

Once signed in try and search for me and then you should be able to comment on my pics. If you add me as a contact you'll see all my new pics when I upload them.

See how I sound like a pro?!! I've learnt sooo much too!! Usually by mistakes (look at the burnt fimo feet and you will see what I mean!)

Tip Top
29-01-2008, 01:28 PM
It arrived yesterday and I love it it's even better in 'real life', thank you loads n loads tiptop :) although I do now have to try and hide it from him for the next 2 weeks.

Will be sure to let you know what he thinks of it.

Aw shucks!! Glad you are pleased!!:D

silversmith76
14-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi Ruth

I just wanted to say again how much my fiance loved the card, he especially loved the dangly legs :D

Nafeeseh

hdflred
31-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Oooooh I found it! After your post yesterday.

Can I order one please???????

It's totally fab and will so suit my DH!

xrheax
27-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeyyyyy, I have just paid for mine and cannot wait for it to arrive!!!